Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox Manual Racks? 79-84 4cyl? Ebay? Flaming River?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is this not already mass produced?

Comment

There are a few - Most seem to have pretty bad reviews, typically the ones full of setscrews. The only shafts that I haven't seen some terrible reviews on are the Maximum Motorsport shafts, and those are $240.

Probably end up fabbing my own at my buddies shop for less than half of that.

I'm poor and trying to replace all the window trim on my fox, ain't no body got time for $500 manual steering conversions!
      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

How much effort are those racks to turn? I've ran a factory manual rack with skinnys on a car for a couple years and it wasn't bad, I wonder how it would've been with a full size tire up front

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
          Sorry. Never looked at it. Yes that one will bolt right on. Will still need a new u joint to fit the smaller shaft of the input shaft of the rack. Good luck trying to find a manaul rack rag joint coupler.
          I have a stock manual rack rag joint coupler. Let me know if your interested.
          David

1986 GT

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
            How much effort are those racks to turn? I've ran a factory manual rack with skinnys on a car for a couple years and it wasn't bad, I wonder how it would've been with a full size tire up front
            Parking lot driving takes a bit of effort. But driving on the road is nice.
            Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
            90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Working...
            X