It's one thing after another....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's one thing after another....

I swear this truck doesn't want to run again...ever. I was about to install the fuel rail and noticed that a piece of the rubber hose had deteriorated. After looking a little closer, the edges look like it was recent due to the color so I'm assuming this rat that had made a nest on the engine had chewed the hose a little. The clear plastic hose under it has a little nick on it. It doesn't go through but I don't think I'm going to be taking any chances.

Anyone have one of these laying around? I should be ok getting one from the salvage yard as long as the rubber is in good shape...right? I'll call Ford in the morning but I'm sure it'll be expensive.

Lol

Keep after it man!

Will any old fuel rails work? I mean 5.0 or 5.8 ford....plentiful

Comment

DO NOT RUN THAT HOSE

that will burn your truck to the ground, if it develops a fuel leak it will spray the distributor if its the rubber hose on the front of the rail like on a mustang and start a fire

That is a teflon hose under the rubber..Ford doesn't sell them anymore and a junkyard piece will have the same dangerous issues

What i did with my 95 mustang with this problem was rebuild the rubber/teflon hose part with braided lines and ptfe teflon hose from Fragola.

You can buy adapters to go onto your hard line fuel rails by the firewall...This will allow you to go with stainless braided lines up to the fuel rails...from there use the ptfe/teflon lined rubber hose from Fragola to connect the 2 fuel rails together

Last edited by black50; 04-05-2017, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Lots of 80s and 90s EFI cats have been burned up by bad fuel lines. I'm replacing them on my 944 turbo too. It's priority one. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Well this really sucks. I'm going to have to get one from the salvage yard for now as I don't really have a choice. I need this thing running this weekend...I've had a rental for three weeks now and it's getting expensive.

So those fittings will somehow fit onto the hard line? It's similar to the mustang's rail but the hoses connecting both sides is on the rear by the firewall.

Comment

Used parts should be fine, but I would get some aluminum tape for a quick fix and then but the SS braided hoses listed in the link above. No need on taking any chances with your life and your vehicle burning down to the ground.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Go to autozone and get some fuel injection hose and some clamps. It works just fine as a short term fix.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I've got a fox done how bronco just stated. No telling how long it had been that way before I got it, but it will be a fine temp fix. I've also done one like mentioned above from the hard lines on the frame rail to attach to aftermarket fuel rails. That is the correct fix

Comment

I think I have an 1 off a fox? If I do
                  you can have it...

Comment

be careful!!!!!

Comment

I tried to repair it but ran into a snag. The left side in that pic, the two hoses are too close together and I wasn't able to get a clamp far enough to the end to slide the other hose on and clamp it down. Had it been the other style with the hose in front of the rail and I would've been set.

I ended up making a mad dash to the salvage yard and found an identical rail that looks really good.

Comment

Get snap traps and put slim jims on them.. you have more than 1 rat.. set the traps and don't touch them for a few days.. rats can smell new scents and won't go where there's a fresh scent.. but the slim Jim odor will draw them into the traps once your scent has vanished or they feel safe again..
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Shouldn't be an issue now. This was when I had it parked at a storage facility for a couple of years. The only thing around this place is crop fields.

I'm gonna remember the slim Jim idea though. Peanut butter has been hit and miss with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            Get snap traps and put slim jims on them.. you have more than 1 rat.. set the traps and don't touch them for a few days.. rats can smell new scents and won't go where there's a fresh scent.. but the slim Jim odor will draw them into the traps once your scent has vanished or they feel safe again..
                            I've got a problem with one truck and it's driven almost daily. Even after I swapped motors lol

I guess they smell the last visitor and follow the shit all the way up on top of my intake....Shit/piss on the 5.0 placard, food scraps all over the top of the engine. Haven't chewed anything, they bring a meal lol

I've had luck putting traps un-set, then setting them a short time later, but I've been unsuccessful catching the ones that occasionally make my under hood their penthouse for the night. I've cleaned that shit more times than I can count this year. I reluctantly threw a bunch of poison pellets up there today.

Comment

Working...
                            X