stripped nitrous plate fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stripped nitrous plate fitting

Is there any way to repair this or am I stuck buying a new plate?

I'd call the maker if still around. The smart way would be make it where you could replace.

Comment

take that fitting to a hose parker store and find a replacemnent, or call the mfg and get another nozzle. but that is about a $20 fitting that does one simple job. make it work.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Is the tube part pressed into the fitting? May be a manufacturer part only. Just epoxy the threads and jam the fitting on there. Or throw it away if your not really gonna use it

Comment

95% sure I have one of those plates. I'll look tomorrow when I'm at the shop. Nitrous works?

Comment

Yeah, Nitrous Works. The tubes looks to be pressed in on the inside. I'd like to get it working, just need to get my options figured out with this piece and get it wired back in. I'd have to look at the pills but I think it's a 100 shot.

Comment

It looks like there is a roll pin within the letter E. Maybe press it out and pull the fitting. I would just buy a new plate if they cant provide a replace fitting. Just not worth messing around with potential fuel leak.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                It looks like there is a roll pin within the letter E. Maybe press it out and pull the fitting. I would just buy a new plate if they cant provide a replace fitting. Just not worth messing around with potential fuel leak.
                I've been googling trying to find another plate but haven't been successful in my search.

Comment

Originally posted by AArod View Post
                  95% sure I have one of those plates. I'll look tomorrow when I'm at the shop. Nitrous works?
                  Any luck? Yeah, Nitrous Works.

Comment

Try Matt, he's here on this site(Civic LS Build), if he can't fix it no one will.

Comment

Sorry man never made it to the shop. I'll check tomorrow morning.

Comment

I did find that plate.

Comment

make sure you get another B nut, because the threads are probably messed up too, and will more than likely damage the new fitting as well. That fitting on the plate will not be easy to find, but a common style "jetholder" or -3 to pipe fitting could be put in place to work. if you cant find a resolution, let me know. I can more than likely fix it for you.

Comment

Aarod, I may take that off your hands if you're willing to part with it. I'm still working out some issues so it's not nitrous ready. Probably not even tune ready unfortunately. It's running very rich and sounds like I have an exhaust leak. I had a header crack repaired so I'm hoping that didn't fail.

Comment

Working...
                            X