No announcement yet.

Sound deadener opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People can use whatever they want but most don't like the asphalt smell and the fact that it does not stay bonded to vertical panels or the roof but it is cheaper.

Comment

Peak n seal didn't fall off my roof or door panels of my old bagged n bodied truck. For the two summers I had it.... Smell dosent last long

Comment

the b quiet is a little messy if youre not careful, but no smell of any kind. B quiet is sticky! I mean that shit will stick to anything and it won't budge. I can see the fatmat falling off if you do not press it on the surface really good
        Last edited by War Machine; 01-31-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

2 layers of Peel & Seal made a huge difference in my '94 Jeep Cherokee a couple of years ago. Interior noise dropped noticably and there was a dramatic difference in climate control.

That said, the heap wasn't worth spending any more money on so I went with the Peel n Seal on the floor. For any other car, I would spend a few more dollars on a higher quality product designed to to a good job at sound insulation.

Comment

Wade, the newer Raam stuff is way better than the old stuff. It's more expensive, but you don't need near as much
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
              this is b quiet on the floor, I did two layers. I used fatmat in the trunk, doors, etc

this stuff is sticky as hell

I did my vette like that also. However, there is some new stuff which is "acoustic tiles" which apparently works damn well, and you only need to toss a few on each panel.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com
                ^this is some cool info.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                  http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com
                  ^this is some cool info.
                  That's the website - CLD tiles. They are amazing - and a fuck ton less work.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

sound deadener showdown USED to be an actual independent comparison page with TONS of good info. then it got bought up and is now a sales website. brilliant move by whoever bought it
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Does anyone know where I can buy foam directly in the DFW?

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        Wade, the newer Raam stuff is way better than the old stuff. It's more expensive, but you don't need near as much
                        Yeah already did the whole truck a year ago Used the RAAM mat I had left over(original BXT) and some Fat Mat, no issues as of yet.

Next one though ill probably use them again, always liked supporting the little guy (that has a good product) anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                          Does anyone know where I can buy foam directly in the DFW?
                          Lowes, they look exactly like kitchen floor mats, because they are.
                          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                          X