No announcement yet.

opinions on CB radios...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably should not admit this, but at 15, I used to be the CB MAN...40ft tower, beams, antron 99 w/ground plane kit, wilson 1000/2000's, 102", many linears....etc.
    My favorite radios were either Galaxy, RCI, or Presidents(owned them all).
    Cobra's are alright for the average joe though(owned 25,29,148's..etc).

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
      connex end of discussion
      LOL! Sure, if all you care about is paying for a name.

I've had Rangers that would walk the dog right out of the box and I've got a Galaxy 959 that I haven't had to work on even one time since taking it out of the box 15 years ago. That said, dollar for dollar, when it comes to an overall quality piece, I have to go with a General Lee. Hard to beat it's out of the box features, sound, and reach.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
        I probably should not admit this, but at 15, I used to be the CB MAN...40ft tower, beams, antron 99 w/ground plane kit, wilson 1000/2000's, 102", many linears....etc.
        My favorite radios were either Galaxy, RCI, or Presidents(owned them all).
        Cobra's are alright for the average joe though(owned 25,29,148's..etc).
        Sounds exactly like me when I was a kid. You could hardly get me to break away from the thing regardless whether I was on the base or on the mobile in my truck.

Comment

My dad was a truck driver for most of his life, and always had a home CB set up, and one in each vehicle. He always ran basic Cobras with professional install and tuning and they were always more than adequate.

His home set up included a linear and huge antenna, and his house sat up high on the side of a mountain. When he would fire up the linear we would have to unplug the TV because even when it was off he would come though the speakers when talking. lol

Comment

Working...
          X