Post up your car audio setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post up your car audio setup

It seems like there is quite a few car audio fans on here so post up what u got.
    Here is mine:
    American bass XFL1222 Sub on a AB HD3500 amp wired to 1ohm in a custom built ported box tuned to 32hz.

[IMG][/IMG]

Considering the low post count I'm not sure your gonna get a lot of people to post up their sometimes thousands of dollars worth of equipment so it can get stolen.

Comment

Lol. I ddnt think about that.

Comment

Ya, no offense, but there are plenty of thieves that lurk around here looking for good opportunities.

That's why I took my high quality stock stuff out and put in an old Jensen AM/FM Radio and some Realistic speakers from Radio Shack. That shit don't bump.

Comment

Comment

stock 08 F350 6 disk w/ sub works for me
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I have 8 Punch 18's wired down to 4 ohms mono running off 4 Jensen A500 amplifiers bridged using radio shack inline crossover/filters. The belts have worn out on my Pyramid pull-out tape deck but luckily it has an AUX-in on the front for my Sony Discman...as long as I crank up the volume it hides the damn alternator whine..at least until the damn CD player starts to skip from all the bass. This is all stuffed into the back of my late 80's CRX in premade boomboxes I got at Traders Village. I have a set of 5 way 400 watt Sparkomatic 6x9's drilled into the front doors for mids and treble..running off the Pyramid tape deck. Its concert quality sound and I'm sure it would do great at the crank-it-up contests.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                I have 8 Punch 18's wired down to 4 ohms mono running off 4 Jensen A500 amplifiers bridged using radio shack inline crossover/filters. The belts have worn out on my Pyramid pull-out tape deck but luckily it has an AUX-in on the front for my Sony Discman...as long as I crank up the volume it hides the damn alternator whine..at least until the damn CD player starts to skip from all the bass. This is all stuffed into the back of my late 80's CRX in premade boomboxes I got at Traders Village. I have a set of 5 way 400 watt Sparkomatic 6x9's drilled into the front doors for mids and treble..running off the Pyramid tape deck. Its concert quality sound and I'm sure it would do great at the crank-it-up contests.
                Ah, the good old days.
                86 SVO

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                  I have the same shitty radio!!!! But at least it wont get jacked(and if it does, yay!)

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                    I have the same shitty radio!!!! But at least it wont get jacked(and if it does, yay!)
                    I wouldn't bet on it. When I installed car stereos in the early 80's, we had a Monte Carlo come in that some ripped the AM radio out of and screwed up the dash in the process.

Comment

Kraco headunit, pioneer 20 band eq and jensen 3way spears throughout.

Comment

From about 89-96 I went thru several combo's in my 82 regal, my 85 Prelude, and ultimately my 83 Supra. The BEST completed system I had was in my Supra (Alpine 7909/7390 pullouts, MB quart 6.5" Q series separates up front, MB Quart 6.5" 2way's custom mounted in the passenger side panels, 1 Rockford Fosgate Power 10" DVC sub in a custom made rear firing enclosure that sounded INSANE, Linear Power 3002 bridged mono for the sub, 2 Alpine 3522s's for the front and rears, an audiocontrol 2XS crossover feeding an Audiocontrol EQL, and finally an Epicenter for the sub). I morphed most of that equipment over to my 94' T/A but it doesn't sound quite as good in the T/A because of the layout of the car. I briefly began a system in my 85 Prelude but scrapped the idea because the car sucked. From about 89 to 93 I experimented with dual head units and in-dash equalizers..at one point I had an Alpine 5700 DAT mounted under my 7902 (later upgraded to a 7903) CD player..and then switched from the DAT deck to a Kenwood KRC-999 cassette deck. When I got my T/A I gave up on cassette.

Comment

is it me but do old school Alpine's sound better then their new stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                            is it me but do old school Alpine's sound better then their new stuff?
                            Debatable depending on how anal the listener is...the older stuff was definitely built with more visual appeal than a lot of the junk they sell now. Most audiophiles will say the 7909 was by FAR the best car CD player ever made (18 bit dual D/A converters, 8x oversampling, S/N ratio of 105db, dynamic range of 105db)....but yet like all car decks of its time...skipped a lot on bumps..and only had analog outputs. Their GOOD tape decks were comparable to the high-end Kenwoods. I think the biggest deal about Alpine was...and to an extent still is...those green chicklet buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                              Debatable depending on how anal the listener is...the older stuff was definitely built with more visual appeal than a lot of the junk they sell now. Most audiophiles will say the 7909 was by FAR the best car CD player ever made (18 bit dual D/A converters, 8x oversampling, S/N ratio of 105db, dynamic range of 105db)....but yet like all car decks of its time...skipped a lot on bumps..and only had analog outputs. Their GOOD tape decks were comparable to the high-end Kenwoods. I think the biggest deal about Alpine was...and to an extent still is...those green chicklet buttons.
                              yea i hear what your saying. i remember when clarion used to have some great head units back in the day

Comment

Working...
                              X