PC speakers +/- $100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC speakers +/- $100

Can anyone reccomend me some good PC speakers for around $100? I listen to music often, and want something with decent quality while turned up.

My $25 insignias just cant hang anymore. The little 2" sub has about had it!
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z-2300-THX-Certified-Speaker-Subwoofer/dp/B0002SQ2P2[/ame]

Look at the reviews and ratings. Logitech fucking stopped making them.

Buy Logitech Z-2300 200 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Best speakers youll own. I found a set on Craigslist for 110$
    2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Klipsch pro media 2.1
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quadforce View Post
        Klipsch pro media 2.1
        x2
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

another option if your computer has a digital out.

buy:
          - $2 fiber optic cable
          - $50 receiver. (craigslist a older but good home theater receiver from like 10 years ago with digital inputs like HK, denon, yamaha)
          - $50 pair of decent 2/3 way bookshelf speakers.
          - some speaker cable

you can add a sub if you would like now or down the road.

chances are most folks i know have some extra audio equipment lying around from upgrades that can be re-purposed for this task saving money.

the benefit of this is you just treat the computer like a digital source and bypass the crappy onboard DACs and any processing.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Klipsch pro media 2.1
            Originally posted by motoman View Post
            x2
            x3. I love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              x3. I love mine.
              They run about $165, but they have some refurbs for $95. Think that's safe?
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                I'd search around for a lower price or spend the extra 65 bucks. They are worth it.

Comment

how long of a warranty on the refurbs?
                  if its like 90 days, I would do it and just make sure you bump the shit outta them before the end of warranty.

Comment

I bought some onamazon for right hat 100 not long agobut I hve had mine for close to10 years I bet replaced the amp one time and the woofer last year I Think.
                    sigpic

Comment

Klipsch pro media 2.1
                      x2
                      Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      x3. I love mine.
                      Bought a set last night. Found a New set for $89 and after shipping it was almost exactly what I had left on my amazon GC. Excited.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Bought a set last night. Found a New set for $89 and after shipping it was almost exactly what I had left on my amazon GC. Excited.
                        These are by far the best set of computer speakers I've ever owned. I rarely ever turn them up past 1/4 of the way on volume.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I have a old set of Creative L3500s bought them used, but sound awesome.

Comment

These are by far the best set of computer speakers I've ever owned. I rarely ever turn them up past 1/4 of the way on volume.
                            No shit? Damn. I crank mine a lot to hear em in the shop. I'm excited to test these out!
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

No shit? Damn. I crank mine a lot to hear em in the shop. I'm excited to test these out!
                              Put the sub in a corner to bounce the bass into the room. I haven't tried to turn mine up all the way to check for any distortion. Like Motoman, mine rarely go over 1/4, and with regular computer usage the volume on my computer is 95% of the time less than half.

Comment

Working...
                              X