2000 GT fan...need amp draw.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 GT fan...need amp draw.

Since I have removed and trashed all my stock wiring stuff and gone to the Coyote stuff, I don't have any info on what the fuse size was for my stock 2000 GT radiator fan.

Does anyone have any info on what the amp draw is? I keep popping 30amp fuses and need to know if a 40 is going to be enough or if I am going to have to find a 50amp circuit breaker.

Thanks.

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
    Since I have removed and trashed all my stock wiring stuff and gone to the Coyote stuff, I don't have any info on what the fuse size was for my stock 2000 GT radiator fan.

Does anyone have any info on what the amp draw is? I keep popping 30amp fuses and need to know if a 40 is going to be enough or if I am going to have to find a 50amp circuit breaker.

Thanks.
    the mark viii fan we have on our car pops the 50amp breaker.

Edit

Found this:
    NOTE: The Lincoln Mark VIII fan will draw continuous currents of 33A@12.0V & 42A@14.4V, and has a starting current in excess of 100A! You will definitely need to upgrade your alternator to a 3G-130A!
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I've got a Mk 8 fan in the attic as a spare. The wiring on the controls pack is setup for a 40amp breaker, but for some reason the ECU never controlled the fan. I wired it on a switch but my Auto Rod Panel is only rated at 30amps. I will use that as a circuit to control another higher rated relay and I am going to try the 50amp auto reset circuit breaker since I have one in my spares box. If that doesn't work, I am going to have to find another fan setup.

Some guys run without them but it requires a lot of discipline to pay attention to the water temp especially on these aluminum motors that cost an arm and a leg!

Comment

We run a regular sn95 style fan on our car and it will peaks at 54 amps when you turn it on and draws 14 amps running.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          We run a regular sn95 style fan on our car and it will peaks at 54 amps when you turn it on and draws 14 amps running.
          cool. I will try the 50 amp circuit breaker on a good relay and see what I get.

Hope to be testing at TWS tomorrow morning so my fingers are crossed for a good result and then on to Hallett with both cars this weekend!

Comment

Working...
          X