Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wellllll, I guess it's time for some upgrades....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    No. I never had a problem with the trans and the engine never got over 220, and that was because I was a block away from the house and the radiator can took a dive on me. Replaced the fan and never had a cooling issue with it. I drove the car hard a few times while I owned it, but it was relegated to DD duty while I owned it, so I typically shifted from 1-3-5 because the gears are so close together.

Aaron, I didn't know about any of that stuff or I'd have told you about it. I feel like shit because I didn't notice any of those problems.
    Nothing to worry about, man. I'll have it back up and running soon....I hope. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
      Nothing to worry about, man. I'll have it back up and running soon....I hope. Lol
      I'm down to help sling wrenches, I'm going to have a lot of off time in the near future. Also, if you put a turbo on it I'm going to hate you forever. Bastage stole my idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Dang it! I'd just LSX it now. For reals!
        Troof!

Comment

Should have known when mayfield said "I treated it like Frost" that it was going to be hammered dogshit.

$1500.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Should have known when mayfield said "I treated it like Frost" that it was going to be hammered dogshit.

$1500.
            Awwww c'mon man! I'm trying not to be so much of an asshole!

Comment

Ls swap time. Wouldnt waste my money on a windsor.
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                I plan on keeping the car this time and honestly would like to do an LS swap at some point on this car.

I think getting the 306 short block from whiteboy and putting it back together will be the quickest, cheapest, and easiest solution right now.

I will probably start slowly gathering parts to do an LS swap and just do it all at once after I get the parts rounded up.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                  Why not?
                  Big Rooster Racing
                  1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by 89FivePointOh View Post
                    I'll get the 86 going good and we can take it to the track!
                    Bet you sell it before you do.
                    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Am I missing something? A blown head gaskets requires a different used short block?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        Am I missing something? A blown head gaskets requires a different used short block?
                        I forgot to mention that it uses oil too.

If I'm going to have the transmission out and the heads off, I might as well pull everything out and put in a fresh long block.

Comment

If you turbo it we might be a pretty good race. Im in the process of putting the '90 back together again you might have seen the headgasket carnage pic on my fb page. Only got to make 2 passes in the damn thing then it decided to put on a smoke show.
                          1990 GT

Comment

You should consider getting a rebuilt/fresh shortblock than a used one.

Comment

Originally posted by FOKAI View Post
                              You should consider getting a rebuilt/fresh shortblock than a used one.
                              I'm going to take the short block that whiteboy has along with the heads that I've already got to my machine shop and have everything checked out before putting it all in the car.

Comment

Glad you got it back! Pics ?

Comment

Working...
                                X