Intercooler pump????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler pump????

Dynoed car today and I/C pump decided not to work. Spent 30 min trying to get it working and finally started to work. So looking for one now.

Looked at a Mezier,but they want $220 for it. Don't want to spend that.
    Would this one work?

Did 467/417
    I'm happy where it's at. Pretty safe and should last me another few more years till a motor build.

When mine died on my Roush I got this one:
    Ford Racing M-8501-MSVT - Ford Racing Electric Water Pump

Same one as the GT500's use. Worked great

Also, not sure if you're looking for any parts but I have quite a few for sale in the classifieds. Mostly for S197's

Comment

thanks, I'll check that out.

Yea, I saw your thread.

thanks

Comment

Make sure it's not just pump cavitation causing your problem. Happened to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
          Make sure it's not just pump cavitation causing your problem. Happened to me.
          Yup yup. Positive pump inlet pressure is a must. Make sure your plumbing isn't too restrictive (sharp bends, collapsing hose, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Yup yup. Positive pump inlet pressure is a must. Make sure your plumbing isn't too restrictive (sharp bends, collapsing hose, etc)
            A to long of hose is a possible problem for him. I ran into that on the exact same setup.

Comment

Had to read up on what the pump cavitation was. As far as bends in hose, no bends. Smooth curve from back of intercooler to reservoir, and other side straight down to the pump. Has happened quite a few times already. I just grab one hose and start squeezing the hell out of it(LOL), and it will start to flow. You can hear the motor slightly, but once it starts to pump, you can hear get louder for split second, then it starts to flow. Not loud at all. Could be that I didn't prime it correct during install????

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                Could be that I didn't prime it correct during install????
                Air in the cooling loop (if you don't have a fully deaerating top tank or a surge tank to accommodate for it) will cause the same problems as too much restriction. Whether it's cavitation causing air bubbles to form (then disappear) or you have air from a poorly vented/purged system the result will the be the same.

Remember:
                Pumps move liquid
                Compressors move air

If a water PUMP is trying to move air... you have problems.

Does the intercooler loop have a thermostat in it or is it completely open / free-flowing?

Comment

No thermostat. Open flow.

Comment

Rafa, park the car slightly up-hill. Get pump flowing (coolant pressure tester works great) water and top off the tank. Leave a little space for coolant expansion. Once I got all the air out I never had any problems from then on.

Comment

Working...
                    X