Hertz HCX 165 vs Focal AC 165

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hertz HCX 165 vs Focal AC 165

Does anyone have any experience with the two above speakers? I listened to the AC 165's on Saturday and they were pretty good. Unfortunately there is not a Hertz dealer up here in the Gotham City area.

I am looking to replace the Polk db651's that are currently on my motorcycle as I run out of volume/clarity at speed.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have heard the Apline Type R's and want to listen to them as well.

Thanks

Hi Larry,
    You must have a real amp to get loud without distortion. Distortion kills speakers. and overcoming road, wind, and exhaust noise on a bike is nearly impossible. Most of our motorcycle customers SMOKE speakers on a regular basis. The top of the volume range of the Harley radio is clipped and everyone just turns it all the way up. Expect to buy a set or two per year. I have the Focal and Alpine. I have not heard the Hertz. We have installed many ARC audio kits which are "okay". Speakers are like tires. When you thrash on them, you're going to have to buy them more often. I have heard people talk about some of the Kicker speakers but I have not heard them.

Comment

Hertz would be my choice. I installed focals in my truck only because I get them for cost from a friend.

Hertz and audison are the best hands down

Comment

Hey Eric,

I have two Alpine PDX F6 (150x4) and I am going to dedicate one to the 6.5's. I have 2 in the dash and 2 in the lowers. The other amp will run the 6x9's in the bags. I believe I will pick up either the Hertz HCX or the Hertz SPL series. For now I just picked up the Alpine Type R's until I have the budget for the Hertz's.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
          Hey Eric,

I have two Alpine PDX F6 (150x4) and I am going to dedicate one to the 6.5's. I have 2 in the dash and 2 in the lowers. The other amp will run the 6x9's in the bags. I believe I will pick up either the Hertz HCX or the Hertz SPL series. For now I just picked up the Alpine Type R's until I have the budget for the Hertz's.

Thanks
          man, I didnt remember you being black!
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            man, I didnt remember you being black!
            And I don't remember him being that old either to be riding around on a bike listening to music. Although he used to ride a big comfy sofa so go figure.
            Last edited by Jose; 02-16-2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              And I don't remember him being that old either to be riding around on a bike listening to music. Although he used to ride a big comfy sofa so go figure.
              LOL! Jose I still miss that Busa but they take the speed limit very seriously up here.......and if you recall that can get me into trouble

Comment

Working...
              X