X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All that for $300?
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

yep, and it was stored for free until I got moved/settled into my house.

Comment

Kevin Bacon you, sir. Kevin Bacon you.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I know it's late, but awesome thread right here. Will definitely be looking into this

Comment

CJ, can you speak a little more to the casting process? I was just reading up on "gas checking" and am a bit confused about that requirement of non-jacketed projectiles. I assumed casting a new projectile was as simple as getting some lead, a cast, and making a fire... Not so much?
            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
              CJ, can you speak a little more to the casting process? I was just reading up on "gas checking" and am a bit confused about that requirement of non-jacketed projectiles. I assumed casting a new projectile was as simple as getting some lead, a cast, and making a fire... Not so much?
              Oh no, the amount of info required for casting is equal or greater than that of reloading in general. Generally, as long as the projectile stays below 1100fps or so, it's going to be pretty easy. Once you get into higher velocities (1200+) you start to run into problems with leading. Gas checks are one way to prevent the combustion from melting the bullet. I gas check all my .501 projectiles in my 500 magnum to avoid that, and I shoot them at 1600fps or so. It can be done without gas checks in some circumstances but then you get into hardening your lead or you can paper patch, all of this gets more complicated. slower bullet speeds are much easier to cast for, .45 ACP for instance, since almost all bullets are around 800fps it's really easy to cast for.
              Last edited by CJ; 12-09-2013, 08:35 AM.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So is the "gas checking" a process for hardening the projectile? I guess my real question is "What is gas checking?" (Hitting google now...)
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                  So is the "gas checking" a process for hardening the projectile? I guess my real question is "What is gas checking?" (Hitting google now...)
                  you basically put a copper cap on the back of a lead bullet to seperate the combustion from the projectile via the copper cap.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Ah. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X