Jeep Grand Wagoneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Why are Wranglers so crazy expensive? Every one I see I think "That would be awesome if it was HALF what they are asking." They don't even have good reputations as being reliable.
    cant tell you man, its like Harleys, there isnt justification.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
      This Saturday at noon, Stonebriar mall, see you there!
      Solid!! I've already aired down to 30psi!!!
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Why are Wranglers so crazy expensive? Every one I see I think "That would be awesome if it was HALF what they are asking." They don't even have good reputations as being reliable.
        Sure they do, where the hell did you hear that from? The 4.0L is a great motor. They are expensive because demand is so high on them. They do things no other vehicle does. convertible, hard top, removable doors, appealing to women, appealing to guys, appealing to hardcore rock crawling, appealing to hunters, etc..etc.. it just has very high demand. When I run my annual residual value reports for my company, the Wrangler almost always comes out as the #1 best resale compared to every other vehicle.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I sell an awful lot of Wrangler parts. Sure, the engines usually last, but everything that makes it run seems to fall apart.

Comment

I sell an awful lot of Wrangler parts. Sure, the engines usually last, but everything that makes it run seems to fall apart.
            I can tell you my TJ never had any problems at all and I beat the shit out of it. They do not have any reputation that would exceed any other vehicle. The only issue the 4.0L has is cooling issues, and those are usually only in Cherokees. Wranglers occasionally suffer from a vacuum line coming off which causes the blend door on the AC to not work, and after 10 years or so the HVAC fan control switch only works on high setting. Oh, the 04-06 6 speeds had problems with first gear popping out. Outside of that not many problems.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
              I can tell you my TJ never had any problems at all and I beat the shit out of it. They do not have any reputation that would exceed any other vehicle. The only issue the 4.0L has is cooling issues, and those are usually only in Cherokees. Wranglers occasionally suffer from a vacuum line coming off which causes the blend door on the AC to not work, and after 10 years or so the HVAC fan control switch only works on high setting. Oh, the 04-06 6 speeds had problems with first gear popping out. Outside of that not many problems.
              Mine has that problem!

Comment

• Most people I've known or still know with Wranglers hardly got/get to enjoy them because they are always in the shop. Poor guy at my work is a big time Jeep lover, and his has been in and out of the shop for the past 3 months costing him thousands of dollars. Tranny took a shit, PCM took a dump and it overheated blowing gaskets and seals and melting shit under the hood. Rear end problems, driveshaft all fucked up, etc. Some of it's bad luck, but damn. You don't hear about near that many quality issues with Toyota.

I like Jeeps for offroading. Point them towards shit and they get to the other side like a mountain goat. But fuck taking one on a long road trip to get to the wilderness, especially with another person or two, gear, dog, etc.

It's amazing what they sell for. Resale is the redeeming quality outside of raw offroading capability. Most people will never encounter terrain where that 4runner wouldn't be enough and a Jeep would.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  Most people I've known or still know with Wranglers hardly got/get to enjoy them because they are always in the shop. Poor guy at my work is a big time Jeep lover, and his has been in and out of the shop for the past 3 months costing him thousands of dollars. Tranny took a shit, PCM took a dump and it overheated blowing gaskets and seals and melting shit under the hood. Rear end problems, driveshaft all fucked up, etc. Some of it's bad luck, but damn. You don't hear about near that many quality issues with Toyota.

I like Jeeps for offroading. Point them towards shit and they get to the other side like a mountain goat. But fuck taking one on a long road trip to get to the wilderness, especially with another person or two, gear, dog, etc.

It's amazing what they sell for. Resale is the redeeming quality outside of raw offroading capability. Most people will never encounter terrain where that 4runner wouldn't be enough and a Jeep would.
                  I can't really speak on the reliability portion of this (I've only put about 400 miles on mine in the three months I've had it), but I do agree with not wanting to take it on a long road trip. I bought mine for taking the family on drives, and hitting offroad parks on occasion. I'll drive it to work every once in awhile, but it becomes a lot less fun when there is hwy driving involved.

Comment

• Nice rig, and then they go and put the wheel weights on the visable side of the wheel?!

Comment

• stumbled on this one

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4403715307.html
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Comment

• Is patina the new word for repaint?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Is patina the new word for repaint?
                            The new word for "needs paint"

Comment

Working...
                            X