FN Scar 16s or 17s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    Oh boy that's a heavy can! You better start pumping iron to hold that up! Should be pretty badass.
    Yea I know lol. Maybe taking 3 inches off the barrel will help off set it! Lol

Comment

I'm sticking to my vote.
      Ded

Comment

Oh boy that's a heavy can! You better start pumping iron to hold that up! Should be pretty badass.
        I was watching a video on that can that I found interesting. They shot it on 5.56 an got a better DB rating with the 7.62 than the 5.56. I guess you can also fit the 5.56 end cap on the 7.62 and get a bit more sound suppression out of it.

Comment

I am very pleased that you like this gun. I know that most people who have them feel the same way as you. I bet cut down and with the can that will be one hell of a mean machine!
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Just remember anything shorter than 16" and your ballistics go to shit on .308. When you go shorter than 12" a .300blk delivers equal/more energy than a .308.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just remember anything shorter than 16" and your ballistics go to shit on .308. When you go shorter than 12" a .300blk delivers equal/more energy than a .308.
              Hmm, decision decisions. If I did it I would want to put it in my trust now so I only have to drag my wife to sign it once with the new suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                Hmm, decision decisions. If I did it I would want to put it in my trust now so I only have to drag my wife to sign it once with the new suppressor.
                She just needs to sign the trust once, not the individual forms. Also, you might want to get rid of that silly thread SCAR 17's come with, no shelf and only a lock not to true up the suppressor? That's a little hairy.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

She just needs to sign the trust once, not the individual forms. Also, you might want to get rid of that silly thread SCAR 17's come with, no shelf and only a lock not to true up the suppressor? That's a little hairy.
                  So I can just add to the trust without signing it again? I know the schedule part doesn't have a place to sign, I thought you sign it every time you add something to it so the dates match the time of purchase? I am new at this obviously lol.

Comment

Also, do you wait to add the items to the trust after they are approved by the ATF or before you send them off? This is another thing I am confused about. When I bought my silencerco sparrow which I am still waiting on, I put it in the trust and sent it to silencer shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                      Also, do you wait to add the items to the trust after they are approved by the ATF or before you send them off? This is another thing I am confused about. When I bought my silencerco sparrow which I am still waiting on, I put it in the trust and sent it to silencer shop.
                      After is how I did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                        After is how I did it.
                        Oh ok, then I may not even have to send my trust to Silencershop since they still have it. Guess I'll call em.

Comment

You guys were right, don't have to get my trust signed again which is awesome. I wonder the size of the Maad mount, may just have the barrel cut down and have the maad mount/brake pinned to the barrel so I don't have to sbr it.

Comment

Working...
                          X