Local gun store in England and rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local gun store in England and rules

Hey gents, as some of you may know I am currently living in Englanistan and looking around I found some interesting things on my current host country's draconian gun laws. I visited a local gun shop in Berkshire and spoke to a very friendly and clearly jealous gent named Bob. We spoke about certain things and liberties that are missing in Englanistan whilst we have them and take them for granted in the US.

Guns and knives abroad and clearly it was an hour conversation, but I want to touch briefly how our gun laws differ in the amount of stupidity that one differs from the other.

Things are here very limited and are given on a "why do you want this" basis.

Basically there are two things that separate gun owners from the liberal infestation.

Skeet shooters, and hunters. That is it.

There are two types of permits one can apply for. A shotgun certificate and a firearms certificate.

Shotgun certificates are applied with the need or want to go skeet shooting, this is by far the easiest of the two to get. It's a stringent background process and a whole lot of red tape that makes you say fuck that. Which is why its usually the older people that do skeet shooting and they make it appealing only to rich people. Have to lock separately gun and ammo etc. etc.

The mother of all fuckups is the firearms certificate. You need to have a reason to have one. Hunting? Oh fuck you you need to have land first that has a pest problem or want to hunt. There is vast amounts of public land and forests but you are not allowed to hunt on them as they belong to the crown. Fuck me right? Most land owners will tell you to fuck right off as they dont want the hassle of a possible lawsuit. Also you must have enough land to supply the possible lost bullet depending on caliber. A .22 is simple and only need a few acres. But a .243 or a .223 holy fuck you need to have a thousand acres or plenty of woodland.

No magazine restrictions in any gun that is on the firearms certificate. Semi auto only on .22 or lower, anything above must be bolt action only.

Also on a side note. Ammo is expensive as fuck. £50 for 500 rounds of .22 LR and that is a standard non inflated price. 12Gauge is about the same price as in the US in numerical factor of about £50-£60 per 250 case of lead shot.

A box of hunting hornady ammo in .223 is £35 for 20 rounds.

Also pics of my local gun store

There is a lot I did not cover so if you are curious just ask. Oh suppressors are legal here with no red tape. As long as you have your Firearms cert.
    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

As far as .22, that's the going neckbeard price here more or less. Are they having a "shortage" of .22 like we are or is that just a U.S. event?
    Jon

Comment

What about pistols ??

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
        What about pistols ??
        Pretty sure they reserve those for the criminals only there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
          What about pistols ??
          Falls in the category of police and criminal use only.

Comment

Are the suppressors real? I know in several countries in Europe they are made easily available for firearms owner's for noise purposes.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
              Are the suppressors real? I know in several countries in Europe they are made easily available for firearms owner's for noise purposes.
              Last line of first post.....

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                Last line of first post.....
                Well I completely missed that. Thanks
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

lol look at all those cans. Awesome post Adolfo!
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    lol look at all those cans. Awesome post Adolfo!
                    Thanks man. More pics on skeet shooting in May!

Comment

Are the suppressors there made byt eh same big name companies as here such as Silencerco, Gemtech, etc? Or do they have their own big name companies there or... are most suppressors made locally depending on location?

Comment

B&T is big over there from what I have seen.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Very interesting. I knew shotguns were "easy" to get, but I did not know they could get semi auto .22 rifles or suppressors.
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Wow.... We should send Feinstein to the UK.... Clearly there is a problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X