Which router?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which router?

I need a new router. I don't play online games. I watch some football games, MMA fights, etc on my laptop. Sometimes my family is in town and they use my network too. Pretty standard usage I would say...

so my questions is which router should I get? Looking to spend ~$100. My computer is a Toshiba satellite a505.

TIA

You really cant go wrong with a Linksys router.

Buy Linksys WRT54GL 802.11b/g Wireless Broadband Router up to 54 Mbps/ Compatible with Open Source DD-WRT (not pre-load) with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

I prefer Netgear's myself, honestly never had much of a problem with either brand.

Comment

Linksys WRT54GS w/dd-wrt firmware.

Comment

they all suck - get the cheapest one and dont be surprised when it breaks. stick with linksys, dell, or d-link. they suck a tad less than everything else.

Comment

You sound like me with cars

Comment

I've used Dynex, Linksys and d-link. My linksys lasted probably 8 or so years before dying, then I picked up a cheap 4 port dynex then I upgraded to a d-link wireless. Can't say I've got any complaints on any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stangs 4 Life View Post
                You really cant go wrong with a Linksys router.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833124190
                This.

Linksys WRT54GL + Tomato Firmware (http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato)

Extremely easy to use interface but with a lot of options. Never had any problems with it.

Comment

i have this Belkin and it works great. 2 laptops, a pc, Wii and 360 use it. sometimes, all but the pc at the same time and it gives me no problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X