No more SIG for DPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soap View Post
    They should go wtih the FN Five seven, and call it a day.
    Why? The only plus is 20 rounds. The negatives are basically everything else.
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

We had 40 M&P's in Lancaster for two years before I left. Had to learn to shoot them differently then the Sigs but they were ok. The trigger was not near as crisp as the Sig but it was consistent. It required more grip then the Sig to be accurate but no issues. Funny thing is we went to the M&P because of the adjustable grip and people with smaller hands complained abut the 226 and their accuracy issues. The really funny thing is not one of them got any better at shooting because of the new gun. As a matter of fact the average across the board dropped.

We are about to go to Glock .40's and it will be interesting to see how well I like the .40. I did not like the .45 at all due to the 2x4 like grip. I remember spending time with my buddies .40 compact years ago and I did like that one. Its hard to beat the 1911 like accuracy of the Sig after that first pull and the reliability. I carry a 220 right now that was my co workers gun from the 90's. Dead on reliable, and accurate, but I hate the capacity. I had a 227 ordered before the Chief offered us Glocks and wanted to go to .40. Just waiting on their arrival.
      Last edited by kingjason; 04-09-2014, 03:26 AM.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Does S&W or Sig not offer decent discounts to military and police? I know glock does, that could be the only reason in my mind Leo's carry them.
        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
          Does S&W or Sig not offer decent discounts to military and police? I know glock does, that could be the only reason in my mind Leo's carry them.
          They do, but when they sell to departments or government agencies, they sell support with the pistol, not just the pistol itself. While Sig P226's are reliable, they are more expensive to produce and service than more modern polymer designs, so their unit cost is higher. That's why they lost the XM9 service weapon competition they were designed for, and that's why they're losing ground to Glock and other tupperware manufacturers, and becoming a plastics manufacturer in their own right.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            We had 40 M&P's in Lancaster for two years before I left. Had to learn to shoot them differently then the Sigs but they were ok. The trigger was not near as crisp as the Sig but it was consistent. It required more grip then the Sig to be accurate but no issues. Funny thing is we went to the M&P because of the adjustable grip and people with smaller hands complained abut the 226 and their accuracy issues. The really funny thing is not one of them got any better at shooting because of the new gun. As a matter of fact the average across the board dropped.

We are about to go to Glock .40's and it will be interesting to see how well I like the .40. I did not like the .45 at all due to the 2x4 like grip. I remember spending time with my buddies .40 compact years ago and I did like that one. Its hard to beat the 1911 like accuracy of the Sig after that first pull and the reliability. I carry a 220 right now that was my co workers gun from the 90's. Dead on reliable, and accurate, but I hate the capacity. I had a 227 ordered before the Chief offered us Glocks and wanted to go to .40. Just waiting on their arrival.
            Anyone selling their old sigs?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              GT Distributors is where Erath County's are going.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I wouldn't mind a dps trade in if the price was good.
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

We will be changing out here in the next year or two, or whenever they figure out what we are going to next. Its a P220. I'll let you know.

BTW, I still have your disconnector and spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper299 View Post
                    We will be changing out here in the next year or two, or whenever they figure out what we are going to next. Its a P220. I'll let you know.

BTW, I still have your disconnector and spring.
                    Oh yeah, I already called that one! I don't even own a modern semi automatic pistol.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Here is the link over to Glock Talk where I first heard of this. No official links are provided by any of the posters though. I wouldn't mind buying one of the DPS Sigs if the price was right. You could convert them to .40 S&W and 9mm right??

Comment

No they traded them in. My guys were excited that we even traded for the M&P's and ammo round for round. I was like uhhhhh the Sigs are worth more even used. We were supposed to be able to buy them back at whatever the deal was going to be but that didn't happen.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          No they traded them in. My guys were excited that we even traded for the M&P's and ammo round for round. I was like uhhhhh the Sigs are worth more even used. We were supposed to be able to buy them back at whatever the deal was going to be but that didn't happen.
                          That sucks you guys weren't given the opportunity to buy back the guns.

Comment

Working...
                          X