No announcement yet.

What's your favorite 1911?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVI (made in TX) hands down... unless you don't want to spend close to $5k on a single gun. Otherwise a custom built gun with either STI frame/slide or caspian stuff will always be a bit better in my mind than an off the shelf unit.

Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

This is my little 9mm STI... best hand gun I've ever shot.

Comment

I shot my MIL's Trojan, it is likely the best, smoothest handgun I've ever shot. I really dont have a lot of experience in higher end guns, but it was really impressive to me. Looking at other option (since im cheap) I dont see a reason to not spend an extra couple hundred on one of them.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
          I love my kimber ultra carry II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I second this.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
            that would be pretty awesome, but its fake.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
              I second this.
              x3 but unfortunately so does my wife. Now I have to slum it with a 9mm shield for a carry weapon.

Comment

x4. My wife liked mine too so I ended up buying another. It was a fairly good deal so that just solidified the decision to buy the same gun.

Last edited by GeorgeG.; 01-06-2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                  I liked my Ruger Commander a lot.
                  This. All day, every day.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I don't care if it was made in Turkey, I love my Regent R200S. Had it for years now, never had any issues, still functions flawlessly.

In fact I loved the R200 so much, I bought the 350CR for my daily carry. And after 5 years of carrying (my CHL was just renewed this month) the finish is still great on it, despite being in a holster most of the time. Both of these were bought for about $750

Last edited by IHaveAMustang; 01-06-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

do you have a bigger picture on the first one.. .the quality on the one you posted is shit!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        do you have a bigger picture on the first one.. .the quality on the one you posted is shit!

....enhance....enhance....enhance...

Comment

If you want an out of the box shooter you can love and be proud of get a Colt or Springfield. Almost all high end 1911s are too tight as new and require way too much "break in." The pistol was designed to be loose. For accuracy it's the lock up in battery that matters contrary to popular belief. All Springfields are series 70 action to boot. Of course a series 80 Colt is still a fine pistol.

If you want to shoot a few in different calibers before purchasing I can help out. My next will be another 38 super Colt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I don't own one yet, but my buddy has a Colt lightweight for sale, I was over finger fucking it the other night. I might have to take it off his hands. I really want an STI though.

How much is your buddy asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like my Springfield.. it feels great in my hand
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

My 2 Colts. Series 80 Gov. SS and New Agent.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X