ICE protesters attack migrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    Check their status when they get pulled over for traffic violations or other crimes?
    Counter argument:

Kathryn Steinle was killed by a 5 time deportee because SF PD (SF being a sanctuary city) refused to acknowledge or comply with ICE (who requested a immigration detainer) during his last stint in jail. Shortly after SF PD put Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez back on the street he randomly shot and killed her while walking with her dad taking pictures.

I'm guessing her family members probably wish we didn't wait until after a crime occurs until we enforce the laws already on the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      Why havent we been doing that?
      They weren't able to deport as easily then. No need for check points now when they can pull someone over for something legit. And can actually do some deporting if necessary. Maybe there will be decrease on the convoys of dangerously hitched cars from the auctions being towed south of the border.

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
        They weren't able to deport as easily then. No need for check points now when they can pull someone over for something legit. And can actually do some deporting if necessary. Maybe there will be decrease on the convoys of dangerously hitched cars from the auctions being towed south of the border.
        Those people travel from central america and back, they arent citizens, but arent here illegally.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

So, I heard a story today. A girl who works with the girlfriend, came in upset today. Her mother, among other family members, are being deported. Her mother has been here for 20 years on a work visa. When she went to renew her visa last month, the judge denied renewal, and yesterday, her mother received a letter that she was being deported next month.

Sad deal for sure, but how in the ever loving fuck are you in this country for TWENTY FUCKING YEARS, and not do what you need to do to become a citizen? Of course I feel bad, but at the same time it's hard to have empathy for laziness.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
            Counter argument:

Kathryn Steinle was killed by a 5 time deportee because SF PD (SF being a sanctuary city) refused to acknowledge or comply with ICE (who requested a immigration detainer) during his last stint in jail. Shortly after SF PD put Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez back on the street he randomly shot and killed her while walking with her dad taking pictures.

I'm guessing her family members probably wish we didn't wait until after a crime occurs until we enforce the laws already on the books.
            It sounds like they didn't wait until a crime was occurred as he was deported 5 times. If only there was some sort of barrier, a wall perhaps, to keep people from reentering. It's a sad deal, and I hope her family sues the shit out of SF PD.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              So, I heard a story today. A girl who works with the girlfriend, came in upset today. Her mother, among other family members, are being deported. Her mother has been here for 20 years on a work visa. When she went to renew her visa last month, the judge denied renewal, and yesterday, her mother received a letter that she was being deported next month.

Sad deal for sure, but how in the ever loving fuck are you in this country for TWENTY FUCKING YEARS, and not do what you need to do to become a citizen? Of course I feel bad, but at the same time it's hard to have empathy for laziness.
              She probably didn't want to be a citizen of the USA. She's a proud Mexican who just doesn't want to live in her country of origin.

Comment

All of this!

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                  I agree with this as well.

Agreed, but to a point. Right now we've got a "disease". Get rid of that, secure border, go back to normal. Downsize the force if you have to, to get it to stop. But do what it takes for the limited time that it takes to get them all out.

No more fucking half measures. That's exactly the shit that got us in this mess.
                  WH

Comment

It's hard to have sympathy, especially with stuff like that. And I am far from anti-immigration. My ex was Mexican, immigrated legally. My Sister-in-law is Korean, also immigrated legally.

Hell, that chick's mother can apply for permanent residency based off of her adult daughter's citizenship for crying out loud. Why wouldn't you have done that by now? It's not that hard, and not that expensive. I did that shit by myself for my ex when I was 20 years old.

Comment

They should Exit Poll those deported to find out if/who they voted for.

Comment

We asked for it and we got it!, sorry to all of my brown skin brothas who will be losing family soon. Prayers.
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                          We asked for it and we got it!, sorry to all of my brown skin brothas who will be losing family soon. Prayers.
                          They're only losing family if said family is here breaking the law. Same as any criminal who is caught breaking the law. I'm sure you're upset about all of those skinheads who were plotting to take out Obama because their families lost a brother and a father.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            It's hard to have sympathy, especially with stuff like that. And I am far from anti-immigration. My ex was Mexican, immigrated legally. My Sister-in-law is Korean, also immigrated legally.
                            Hell, Mel's mom immigrated here. She did it legally, however. She also has somewhat of an adopted sister that also immigrated here somewhere around 2010. She's now a citizen. I'm all for immigration reform too. Making it easier or the process taking less time. I do, however, agree with "extreme" vetting of immigrants. It is necessary and we should have done it a long time ago.

[QUOTE=Chili;1625888Why wouldn't you have done that by now? It's not that hard, and not that expensive. I did that shit by myself for my ex when I was 20 years old. [/QUOTE]

Bingo. You can't tell me in 20 years she just couldn't find the time.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Hell, Mel's mom immigrated here. She did it legally, however. She also has somewhat of an adopted sister that also immigrated here somewhere around 2010. She's now a citizen. I'm all for immigration reform too. Making it easier or the process taking less time. I do, however, agree with "extreme" vetting of immigrants. It is necessary and we should have done it a long time ago.

uh, she was on her way to do that when she was at court...
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

For sure..

Not sure how it is now, but back then you submit all of the shit from inside the US (assuming you have a visa to get on US soil) then cannot leave the country until you got the initial interviews and approvals, also could not work legally. I think the ex's was like 4-6 months for that stage. Then we did the interviews and all of that and she got temporary residency for 2 years. She could then work. At the end of that 2 years we had to go back again, more interviews and a little more paperwork, and she was a permanent legal resident.

She ended up getting her citizenship a few years later with the intent of sponsoring her mother and brother. They both lived in Juarez and didn't really care about residency because they had permanent border crossing cards. Her mom owned a business that operated on both sides of the border so they weren't looking to come over for money, but with all of the violence in Juarez, they were looking at moving across to El Paso for safety. We haven't talked since our son graduated HS a couple years ago, so I'm not sure if she ever got them over or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X