2019 lawn thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Is your yard super flat? Do they bottom out easy?
    Yes, well over 12 yards of sand helps.

Depends on the options. Mine has the front roller and does pretty well on uneven lawns. My front yard is way smoother than the back yard. Pool install folks did a shit job with the dirt work. It’s coming around but seems like I get new ditches whenever we get some good rain.

Comment

If any of you guys need a new string trimmer, Frisco lawn and power has echo srm225’s on sale for 189. I think they’re 219 at Home Depot. You’ll get a real warranty from a dealer tho.. Home Depot’s warranty sucks.. anyhow that’s a pretty bad ass trimmer for under 200 and would probably last a homeowner 10-15 years if maintained
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

If any of you guys need a new string trimmer, Frisco lawn and power has echo srm225’s on sale for 189. I think they’re 219 at Home Depot. You’ll get a real warranty from a dealer tho.. Home Depot’s warranty sucks.. anyhow that’s a pretty bad ass trimmer for under 200 and would probably last a homeowner 10-15 years if maintained
        That's a good shop too. You're also correct, it will last. I am running a Stihl Kombi setup that I have had for about 15 years or so. I had to replace the carb once and rebuild it once due to this crappy gas. Once I started Stabil, that went away. Otherwise it's normal maintenance and the thing runs like a champ. Both Stihl and Echo are good units.

Comment

This was my first year to prune all the trees and bushes at the new house. What a process. I finished up this passed weekend so I can have some family time thinking I was done pruning and I look up. Dang it there is a area on a tree I missed. Yard work is for the bird. Why is it so much work to make something look so pretty??

Comment

Has anyone tried superjuice lawn fertilizer before? Guy is all over YouTube, anyhow my neighbors yard all of a sudden got fantastic and I asked him about and he gave me some. I put it down, I’ll let y’all know what I think. I put it and a bag of milorganite down.
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Has anyone tried superjuice lawn fertilizer before? Guy is all over YouTube, anyhow my neighbors yard all of a sudden got fantastic and I asked him about and he gave me some. I put it down, I’ll let y’all know what I think. I put it and a bag of milorganite down.
              Please take into consideration that within the last 2 weeks everyone who takes at least a little care of their yard should have a pretty good looking lawn now thanks to mother nature

The milorganite alone would green up your lawn so it might be hard to tell if the superjuice is actually working or just a gimmick.
              Last edited by hxbernal; 05-20-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                Please take into consideration that within the last 2 weeks everyone who takes at least a little care of their yard should have a pretty good looking lawn now thanks to mother nature

The milorganite alone would green up your lawn so it might be hard to tell if the superjuice is actually working or just a gimmick.
                Of for sure. I use milorganite frequently. It’s kinda been my secret weapon in having a darker lawn than most. Here’s his vs my front yard (mine currently has milorganite and his has superjuice and you can see his is clearly darker than milorganite.

My back yard is currently super healthy and I’ve been mowing at 1.5” every 3-4 days (like a psycho) to help fight the weeds. Here is a pic of it yesterday.. I’m hoping for some awesome results like how dark his got. + maybe a bit more..
                deadwind cavern
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Great weekend to apply msma for all u Bermuda guys!
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

I don't think I've posted any 2019 updates on my yard. I haven't had a whole lot of time to tend to it the past 12 months, so progress was slow, and I went backwards in some regards. The constant rain has been good, and bad for me. St. Augustine is starting to take over in spots, I prefer the look of Bermuda, however, I have a lot of dense shade areas, so I'm just letting it take over!

I've started spendi g some time raking out the heavy thatch and it is really helping the grass spread. I probably need to aerate as well.

Here is the front yard. I just put down some Lesco 15-5-10 in the front, and used some liquid turf builder in the back yard where I have good grass. I went with liquid in the back hoping that once dry, it is safer for the dogs? I finally picked up a walk behind broadcast spreader. I was using a hand spreader in the past so this was a huge improvement.

Anyway, on to the pictures! If anyone has followed my yard/house journey, you know the struggles and how nice it is to have this much grass. When we bought the place 5 years ago, it was all weeds! Now we have a 3 year old and can enjoy the yard!

Front yard

I have raked this area, and planted a single roll of tif419 from work.

This is the area the city fixed last year due to poor workmanship along thebsidewalk and damming up my drainage. It has helped but still a nightmare. I finally went in and fixes my drains, you can see the bare strips. Once it greened up, it started choking weeds out pretty quick.

And the back yard. I still hold a good bit of water, but it is considerably better! This stand of St Augustine as about 80% from this year. It came in strong after I raked out all of the leaves and junk.

This area is all tif419 from some rolls from work that I planted 2 years ago I think.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Great weekend to apply msma for all u Bermuda guys!
                      I need to mix some up! I've got some stands of weeds my pre emergent and early spring weed killer didn't knock out. I'm damn near the the point that I'm going to start digging up the crab grass :|

Comment

I’m happy with the way it turned out after 10 days
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Lookin good man.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            I need to mix some up! I've got some stands of weeds my pre emergent and early spring weed killer didn't knock out. I'm damn near the the point that I'm going to start digging up the crab grass :|

There’s an area of my yard that was infested with dallisgrass.. last year I killed most of it but there was still 30-40 dallisgrass plants and I have some st Augustine runners (desired grass for front) so I can’t use msma.. I dug them all up. 4-5 weeks ago and it kicked my fucking ass! I’m almost at a point to where I’m free of it though.. I still have a couple more small areas to address but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel finally.. I’m hoping by this time next year that area will at least be green with Bermuda and some st Augustine runners instead of exposed dirt
                            frost bank hours near me
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

My front yard only has a couple of stands of it. I'm goingvto hit them again today with MSMA. My front side yard is covered in it. Until recently, it was solid weeds, so I didn't fight it much over there. I figured at least it was keeping the ground from washing out! Now, I've got good bermuda and St. Augustine spreading like wildfire, so it is time to get it under control.

Last edited by black2002ls; 06-01-2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

A couple of weeks after spreading Lesco Texas Turf fertilizer. There is still a ton of clover in the front yard, bare spots from standing water when it rains, but as a whole, I am very pleased with how it looks.

Comment

Working...
                                X