Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the investors on the forum....sin stocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the investors on the forum....sin stocks?

With all the “bad news” coming out daily about vaping. The tobacco stocks are looking pretty beaten up. So, what do think the next 5-10 years looks like for the tobacco and vape companies? Years and years ago people said cigarette companies were on the brink of collapse. We all know that didn’t happen. I am not a smoker and I don’t vape. With that said, I certainly don’t see the current customer base stopping either form of these. So what are your thoughts on the industry?

The main players will benefit quite a bit from this. Regulation will give them a big advantage and firm footing because they can find the process to be an approved product.

Comment

You can’t have a conversation about holding out for the long term without talking about the level of debt that these companies have.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

CSHD all day/era day.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          You can’t have a conversation about holding out for the long term without talking about the level of debt that these companies have.
          Looks like about 26 billion in debt with 5.8 billion in earnings last quarter? Is that correct?

Comment

What about the the emerging pot market?

Comment

Vaping is getting a lot of bad press. Not surprising, as it rather stupid if you think about it. You are inhaling nicotine infused water vapor. You can see how this can cause problems. This old school thing called common sense......

However, Tobacco isn't going away. The recent bad press wouldn't affect my investing. It's a 35 Billion dollar business. If they can afford 9 Billion in advertising, you know they are making bank.

I have a different or what would be seen in certain circles as an unpopular view. These people run a business. They offer a product that has been around for god knows how long. You can't point fingers if and when you get sick at the supplier of the drug you choose to imbibe. It's individual choice. You stand on your own two feet and make a decision to use a substance that has the potential to make you sick.

I'm a Skoal guy. If something happens. It's on me. Not the folks in Nashville, TN. Nobody is shoving this shit down your throat. It's you. And you're a pussy if you think otherwise.

Comment

I had a very large percent of my portfolio in both MO and PM. I just cashed MO in and moved it on to something else. The timing was probably bad but overall I didn't take too bad of a beating. I think that industry isn't going to be viable if there are many more FDA regulations on vaping. Internationally though there may be a good market still which is the reason I held on to PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                  Looks like about 26 billion in debt with 5.8 billion in earnings last quarter? Is that correct?
                  Which company?

If you guys want a sector that is completely oversold due to hype, get some energy shares. Most of those companies are trading like oil is at $20 a barrel.
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                    What about the the emerging pot market?

That is a big risk until weed is legalized at the federal level.

However, there was a new banking bill that passed the House today. That bill lets marijuana business have access to the banking industry. That may provide a bit of boost. I last read that there was enough support in the Senate to pass it.

IMO if Cannabis is ever legalized, at the federal level, in the US, the stocks will explode.

Comment

Which company?

If you guys want a sector that is completely oversold due to hype, get some energy shares. Most of those companies are trading like oil is at $20 a barrel.
                      MO (Altria)

For future reference, the price was $39 yesterday when this thread was started. 40.70 right now.

Comment

MO (Altria)

For future reference, the price was $39 yesterday when this thread was started. 40.70 right now.
                        Are you for or against MO. If you're getting in now it may not be too bad of an investment if you like dividends but I think if you're looking long term its a bad idea until there is more clarity on JUUL and the vape market.

Comment

MO (Altria)

Just took a quick look. Looks like $77 Bln market cap and about $27 Bln net debt. My guess (and consistent with an analyst report I pulled up) is that it trades on P/E. Q3'19 revenue estimate is $5.3 Bln and Q3'19 net income estimate is $2.1 Bln. Trading at about a 10x trailing P/E right now, below its 5 year average.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            Just took a quick look. Looks like $77 Bln market cap and about $27 Bln net debt. My guess (and consistent with an analyst report I pulled up) is that it trades on P/E. Q3'19 revenue estimate is $5.3 Bln and Q3'19 net income estimate is $2.1 Bln. Trading at about a 10x trailing P/E right now, below its 5 year average.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                              CSHD all day/era day.
                              I am still waiting for my money from Rufus

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                              X