No announcement yet.

1/12th Scale 1969 Camaro Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that the final look for the texture of the motor?

Comment

• Yes. Without spending 3x as much money or countless hours smoothing things out. I wanted to retain a cast look on a lot of thr parts. It doesook pretty bad in the close up shots, however, I feel that once all of the details get added and it is mounted in the chassis, it will look fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• since photobucket took a shit, I'm not uploading pics anymore, I'm also off the model building sites. So your build is all I get to see. And it's all I need to see. Epic man. Keep it going.

Comment

• and those spark plugs are insane!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            since photobucket took a shit, I'm not uploading pics anymore, I'm also off the model building sites. So your build is all I get to see. And it's all I need to see. Epic man. Keep it going.
            I'm still uploading to photobucket. Lol. No trouble just yet.
            Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            and those spark plugs are insane!
            Thanks. RB Motion. Thats where the plugs, bolt heads, AN fittings, and later rod ends, all came from

Comment

• I got some clear sprayed on the hood. There are 2 small wrinkles, but, I'm ok with it....for now.

Comment

• Impressive how good that carbon fiber looks at that scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  Impressive how good that carbon fiber looks at that scale.
                  They are scale motorsport brand decals. Their CF is the best in the industry. Though, at smaller scales it becomes less convincing. A lot of guys who build 1/24-25 use 1/20 decals

Last edited by black2002ls; 12-14-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Well, I finally got a spray gun so that I can clear my large scale bodies! It is FAR from perfect, and there is a ton of texture/peel in the paint, but I don't think I have been more excited to hit a milestone on a build. This hase been 10 years or so in the making. I plan to let the clear "cure" for a while. I plan to start focusing on this after the showdown in March.

If anyone has some good reference shots of a whipple charged LS based engine, please PM them to me!

Edit: after seeing the pictures on a computer. It looks like most of the texture is on the flat Horizontal surfaces. I think I need to adjust the spray pattern.

Comment

• Looks Great!!

Comment

• I spent some time this weekend levelling the paint. 1000 grit paper, smoothed it out, shot a fresh coat of clear. Hopefully it is ready for 2000 grit and some compound in a few days. Now, where did I put that engine...

Comment

• I've got quite a few 3D printed parts coming for this thing, long with some more machined bolt heads. Hopefully I can get the engine finished up soon.

I put in some work on the interior tonight. I hit the interior parts with a dull coat, flocked the interior tub (fabric powder that makes it look like carpet), and accented the door chrome with molotow pens. I need to flock the bottom of the door panels, then I can install them.

I was planning to go with racing buckets, however, as the interior cones together, I'm leaning toward the factory seats.

Comment

• man this really makes me want to get back into building.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              man this really makes me want to get back into building.
                              I left you with a few kits! lol

I'm really anxious to get the printed parts later this month. It should be enough for me to get the engine finished up. I've decided to make a few concessions on this build to be done with it. I may ditch the custom front suspension, finish up the 4-link at the rear, and knock it out. Though time will tell. I'm not sure if I want to have this and my gulf McLaren done for the show circuit in '19, or if I want to focus on the McLaren and put together a box stock 1/12 GT500. I need to find some Sterling Gray Metallic paint. I can get it from Automotivetouchup.com but after shipping, I'm looking at $30 for a can. :/ Though, I have trouble shooting metallics on large scale through my airbrush, and I would probably be out about the same for a quart of it from English color to run through my touch up gun.

Comment

• A little more work done tonight. Door panels are assembled and installed. This thing is developing as it comes together. The gold on the shift know and window cranks just felt right.

My order of machined parts also showed up from RBMotion

Comment

Working...
                                X