No announcement yet.

Killed a 01 cobra..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just laid waste to a fox body GT with flows and dumps, lopey cam+?????? in my 93 F150 with a 351. Stock cam, intake, and converter in the truck. Didn't seem too difficult, and I was in a farm truck. Lets go to the Dale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
      I just laid waste to a fox body GT with flows and dumps, lopey cam+?????? in my 93 F150 with a 351. Stock cam, intake, and converter in the truck. Didn't seem too difficult, and I was in a farm truck. Lets go to the Dale.
      Nitrous?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• Nope no poweradders. I run 8.8-8.9 with an occasional 8.7. No slicks or drag radials. Daily driver Toyo Proxies.

Comment

• What heads? Gt40?

Is it a lightning?

Comment

• Its a 93 Lightning.
            Last edited by Diabolic; 12-09-2010, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
              Its a 93 Lightning.
              Cool!

I'd do the Dale if I had some tires.

What mods? I've seen them run 9.2-9.5. which is decent for a n/a 20 yr old truck.

Faster then a 5.7 hemi single cab lol

Comment

• Most run in the 9.8-10.2 range when bone stock. I just run regular tires. Just feather it out of the hole and lift on the shifts. That's how I run my Cobra and it cut's 2.2-2.3 60' times. I ran an 8.5 last time out but the clutch gave up the ghost before I crossed the line. I have a new clutch now but no new times. Probably run in the 7's with some DR's and 1.8 60' times. It still uses the factory GT40 heads and Cobra intake. It's not the fastest but it's fun to drive.

Comment

• I ran into a cammed sn95 cobra the other day and got my ass handed to me. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    i havent ran my car at the track since the gear swap.

machs are faster because they have better heads, am i wrong? they have better gearing, and they weigh less if im not mistaken. Better transmission as well.
                    Heads are different but only on the exhaust port, intake port very similar. Cobra has substantially better intake cams. Mach1 actually outweighs the cobra by a little 3465 vs 3430. I don't know about the trans.

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    Im not saying im the fastest, im just saying it runs better then one would expect, Cobramans car runs fine and he was driving fine, highway gearing sucks when it comes to drag racing, plus being on the heavy side of things does not help anything.
                    I never said it was slow or fast. I was just curious how you outran him when he has basically the same mods as me ( minus gears) and I run a half second quicker than you?

as far as "5.0" vs modular motors.

I was making a comparison to pushrod vs OHC.

My comment to that is, there is a reason all the fast cars at the drag strip have 1 cam and a set of push rods. They are fast.
                    Ok so you were being a little more broad... It still stands the same though! Small cubic inch pushrod fords can't post the same records as modulars... And we don't have near the aftermarket part that y'all do.

stock 5.0 302s from the 90s are dog slow, why? because they were built to be an economy "muscle" car. they were weak and gutless. All it takes is changing the heads, cam and intake for $2500 and you can make over 300rwhp and 350rwtq, and run mid-high 7s in the 1/8th mile.
                    It takes less than 2500 in upgrades to run mid 7s N/A in our cars! Just ask NA SVT, 98NA4V, and SVTCAMMR over on svtp dot com.
                    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

• I had a friend in college that had a 03 mach 4.10s longtubes bolt ons. It wan 7.8@89 on motor. It takes hci fox to even keep up with a bolt on 4v. The 4v will drive better and get better gas mileage and take home the win
                      2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
                      2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
                      2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                        Heads are different but only on the exhaust port, intake port very similar. Cobra has substantially better intake cams. Mach1 actually outweighs the cobra by a little 3465 vs 3430. I don't know about the trans.
                        I never said it was slow or fast. I was just curious how you outran him when he has basically the same mods as me ( minus gears) and I run a half second quicker than you?N number is going to be dark blue like the paint scheme I picked. And shadowed in grey

Ok so you were being a little more broad... It still stands the same though! Small cubic inch pushrod fords can't post the same records as modulars... And we don't have near the aftermarket part that y'all do.
                        It takes less than 2500 in upgrades to run mid 7s N/A in our cars! Just ask NA SVT, 98NA4V, and SVTCAMMR over on svtp dot com.
                        I've got about 2500 in mod in mine and ran 11.5@124. Do that with a fox lol
                        2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1

Comment

• Originally posted by 92Notch View Post
                          x2 i dont see someone running 124mph trap speed in a fox with less than $2500 in it
                          2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
                          2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

• Originally posted by 92Notch View Post
                            I ran a 11.3 at 121 with a $200 jetfast dry kit and a set of gears. 500 total investment. Stock throttle body to oil pan. Didn't even have a cold air filter on it
                            Last edited by Mark Preus; 12-09-2010, 08:24 PM.
                            1997 viper gts
                            1986 turbo mustang
                            1987 Buick grand national
                            1972 nova

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Preus View Post
                              I ran a 11.3 at 121 with a $200 jetfast dry kit and a set of gears. 500 total investment. Stock throttle body to oil pan. Didn't even have a cold air filter on it
                              Bring it on the highway
                              2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1

Comment

• How much?
                                1997 viper gts
                                1986 turbo mustang
                                1987 Buick grand national
                                1972 nova

Comment

Working...