No announcement yet.

1996 Cobra mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F8L, that's a little more than I want to do with his car. Sounds well done though.

QIK, my nephew basically said do exactly as you, charge it and do gears and redo the suspension to stock and have a blast. I may do that. Geeez, decisions, decisions. Haha
    1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

owned tons of these cobra's

steeda springs. panhardbar,subframes, koni or bilsteins struts shocks,
      410 gears,longtubes, throttlebody,aluminum driveshaft,steeda pulleys

my first 96 mystic had most of this rand and drove great

Comment

I had a '97 and that was really the last car I autoXed and drag raced a lot. It's back when I was younger and in the Navy and had a wife I didn't enjoy spending time with.

I have to agree with WB. If you do the exhaust mods, gears and suspension you will have a really fun car. They really wake up after 4000 rpm too. Shift at 7000. 7,200 is fuel shutoff IIRC. If you shift before 6,800 you are wasting time unless you switch over to a close ratio 6 speed later and then it will still depend on gearing.

Comment

Lots of good mods, thanks guys.
          1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin View Post
            F8L, that's a little more than I want to do with his car. Sounds well done though.

QIK, my nephew basically said do exactly as you, charge it and do gears and redo the suspension to stock and have a blast. I may do that. Geeez, decisions, decisions. Haha
            That's what I'd do then. Throw a blower and the supporting hardware on it and call it a day.
            1990 GT

Comment

Working...
            X