Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    Dang, Russell. That was beautiful.
    Thank you. People have always told me that I have a way with words. I guess, that is what sparked my conversations with Forrest and his songwriting. So it is a fitting tribute.

Forrest and I exchanged emails about a month and a half before he disappeared. We talked about our journeys, our songwriting, I shared the two that I had recordings of, and how I had tried to get everyone I could to listen to them, in hopes that someone would record them. Telling him this game is who you know more so than how you write.

Well, about two weeks ago, I sent my songs to a guy and he is cutting one of them on his next album. They are a no name out of Granbury, but it is a start. Sometimes I feel like that was Forrest, saying thank you for taking the time to talk with me...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Terrible loss. The world is definitely missing one of it's most exceptional linchpins, now.

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      I posted my last blog about this earlier in the thread. Just food for thought, or at least, some of my thoughts, though the trailing end of this. Nothing is to be implied by this, simply my view/thoughts on the random nature of this life.

https://cricketflair.wordpress.com/2...e-waters-edge/
      Well said.

Comment

• I didn't really know Forrest at all but this has been fucking with me a lot and not letting me sleep well. I hope those of you that knew him can find some peace. RIP.

Comment

• This is just horrible. Its hard to beleive he's gone.
          I met Forrest back in 98/99 time period at the Street Races
          & he was a straight up guy. I guess this is one of those times
          where its very important to keep your friends and loved ones close
          because as they always say " value your time because tomorrow it
          may be too late" RIP Brother.....

Comment

• I just came upon this awful news today. I so much hate when I log in after some time to see the Memorial thread in bold type. It means something awful.

But what I read tonight is especially bad. Forrest was one of my all-time favorite Stangers, dating back to the days in Canada. Like someone before me posted: He had a way of cutting through the shit and making some sense out of whatever was being discussed. I had respect for him and how he handled himself. I am at a loss for much else to say.

There is one somewhat concrete thing I can take away from my internet friendship with Forrest, though. Way back when he was touting the greatness of Ernest Tubb. Based on his good judgment, I decided to give him a listen. I bought the Complete Live 1965 Show based on his advice. After having it several years and listening to it often, I think of him each time I play it. It'll mean even more now.

Dammit man; Rest in Peace.

Rob.

Comment

• Damn it. I checked this thread to see if any more clues arose. I didn't expect this.

RIP.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• https://www.gofundme.com/2su75hbg
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• I clicked on this thread expecting to see a bunch of people just fucking around or making fun of someone.

Wtf?

My condolences to the family.

Comment

• Terrible news. He and I had been texting for a couple weeks and I knew he was depressed but the new baby and song writing seemed to help his mood. He will certainly be missed...he was the EF Hutton of the board.

It seems that being a member on this site is hazardous to one's health. We have lost a ton of members in my 16yrs on here...several by suicide. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem...but that's coming from a healthy mind. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you're walking with a blindfold on.

RIP brother.

Comment

• RIP! I met him once many years ago when I sold a silver fox body hatch to him. He said he was gonna fix it up for his wife or girlfriend. He seemed like a really cool guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        Terrible news. He and I had been texting for a couple weeks and I knew he was depressed but the new baby and song writing seemed to help his mood. He will certainly be missed...he was the EF Hutton of the board.

It seems that being a member on this site is hazardous to one's health. We have lost a ton of members in my 16yrs on here...several by suicide. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem...but that's coming from a healthy mind. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you're walking with a blindfold on.

RIP brother.
                        Sounds peaceful to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X