What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    my kid's volleyball tournament in Shreveport next weekend might get cancelled. We have another one the following weekend in Kansas City in question. We have paid for hotels and shit already. I'm going to be pissed if I blew all that money for nothing. But at least I didn't buy plane tickets like a lot of the parents did.
    Baseball/softball - USSSA - They just did a no contact policy. No fives, handshaking...etc. lol No word if ball will be sanitized between pitches and such.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
      We're cancelling our trip through DFW and Louisiana. We were going to visit my Mom but she's over 70 and has multiple health issues. I don't want to chance passing it to her. So we're pushing it back to the summer..

A bigger issue is that we are in the process of buying an acre of land to the south of Breckenridge. We've started to consider backing out of the purchase. We'd be out $500 in earnest money but I'm not sure what my employment situation will be if this continues through the summer.

Also, I think there's a chance real estate is going to take a hit. We could get another property for less money if we wait it out a bit.
      I've pretty much talked myself out of any big purchase for this exact reason. I'm not as worried about employment as I am just market uncertainty and huge drops in the value of big purchases. As crazy as it sounds...its also possible that interest rates may eek a tad bit lower too.

I would imagine being in sales (at least I think thats what you do) would be way scarier too because of how dependent income can be on revenue and revenue growth.

Comment

• My company just emailed us this morning and “strongly recommended” we all work from home for the rest of March. I get to sleep in another hour and won’t have to deal with traffic, I’m not upset.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          We're cancelling our trip through DFW and Louisiana. We were going to visit my Mom but she's over 70 and has multiple health issues. I don't want to chance passing it to her. So we're pushing it back to the summer..

A bigger issue is that we are in the process of buying an acre of land to the south of Breckenridge. We've started to consider backing out of the purchase. We'd be out $500 in earnest money but I'm not sure what my employment situation will be if this continues through the summer.

Also, I think there's a chance real estate is going to take a hit. We could get another property for less money if we wait it out a bit.
          Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          I've pretty much talked myself out of any big purchase for this exact reason. I'm not as worried about employment as I am just market uncertainty and huge drops in the value of big purchases. As crazy as it sounds...its also possible that interest rates may eek a tad bit lower too.

RE will take a hit but I don't anticipate it being huge, or lasting very long. A bigger issue for me is the very real possibility of certain states suspending foreclosure proceedings. Fuckers. If the wheels fall the fuck off at least it will bring prices back down to reality where I can buy @ $.10-.20 on the dollar instead of the $.40-70 I'm paying now.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• fuck coronavirus . i grew up with chickenpox , polio , measles , mumps and other assorted shit . this stuff kills old folks like me . so does the flu and even a bad cold . people are just soft and unhealthy today . this is just the golden goose for democrats to try to hit trump .

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              Oh they work, so it's different. I'd say a cow that gets milked every day is certainly a working animal. Until they turn it into cheap steaks or stew meat or something.
              we generally dont eat milk cow breeds, they dont have a lot of meat, and are tough. They have been refined to make milk for years, and beef breeds have been refined to have a larger percentage of meat.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                RE will take a hit but I don't anticipate it being huge, or lasting very long. A bigger issue for me is the very real possibility of certain states suspending foreclosure proceedings. Fuckers. If the wheels fall the fuck off at least it will bring prices back down to reality where I can buy @ $.10-.20 on the dollar instead of the $.40-70 I'm paying now.
                Didnt think of that...sure puts you in a pickle but hopefully things dont get too crazy.

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                fuck coronavirus . i grew up with chickenpox , polio , measles , mumps and other assorted shit . this stuff kills old folks like me . so does the flu and even a bad cold . people are just soft and unhealthy today . this is just the golden goose for democrats to try to hit trump .
                Yeah those Democrats in Italy sure are dedicated to bringing down trump.

You grew up eating lead paint chips too huh?

You know theres a difference between POLIO and a cold right? Like a massive difference...

You're effectively saying...fuck it bring on another polio because I think people are weak!

Comment

• I've been canceling / redirecting shipments all week. This is going to be rough.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    What is it you do again? Buy notes right?

My wife's work just added her to some leadership team dealing with what to do with employees during coronavirus. They already had a meeting set up today but I'm assuming last night's news will push them to panic mode. 40,000+ employees.

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post

My wife's work just added her to some leadership team dealing with what to do with employees during coronavirus. They already had a meeting set up today but I'm assuming last night's news will push them to panic mode. 40,000+ employees.
                      I've been prepping my team for a WFH or limited attendance mandate because of how fast this seems to be progressing. We havent been told to yet, but preventative measures have really been stepped up over the past week.

Comment

• we just got told we're nixing all non-essential travel for next 60-90 days. perfect timing too, motorcycle weather is upon us

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          Didnt think of that...sure puts you in a pickle but hopefully things dont get too crazy.
                          I'm only worried if the idea of suspending FCs becomes widespread. As a general rule, I don't invest in OH, KY, and the states in the NE. Those states undoubtedly would be the first states to enact something like that. They do anything they can to make it difficult for investors which is why I avoid them. But if the idea catches on, it could pose some problems where I do invest.

I think halting all mortgage payments like Italy has done is extremely far fetched at this point so I'm not really concerned with that.

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                          Yes.

Comment

• Bernie Sanders would definitely suspend mortgage payments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Bernie Sanders would definitely suspend mortgage payments.
                              No doubt, but he’s not going to win the nomination, so....

I’m glad Democrats hate Bernie as much as I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl
                                fuck coronavirus . i grew up with chickenpox , polio , measles , mumps and other assorted shit . this stuff kills old folks like me . so does the flu and even a bad cold . people are just soft and unhealthy today . this is just the golden goose for democrats to try to hit trump .
                                Originally posted by Ruffdaddy

Yeah those Democrats in Italy sure are dedicated to bringing down trump.

You grew up eating lead paint chips too huh?

You know theres a difference between POLIO and a cold right? Like a massive difference...

You're effectively saying...fuck it bring on another polio because I think people are weak!
                                @Ruffdaddy There's no need to go into full asshole mode with some of your replies. You're an engineer, right? Should be better than that.

I believe what he is saying is there are far worse things than Corona. Society needs to calm the hell down with this rampant paranoia. All it's doing is hurting business and ultimately the economy.

I saw a video this morning of a man in his mid to late 50's who is fully recovering from corona and this is how he described it. He did get a high fever for about 8 hours and felt lousy for a while, but he did not have any congestion or all the symptoms that would be consistent with the Flu. It's a bad cold, not the Bubonic Plague. Just like what has already been said, it's only truly dangerous to the elderly or people with underlying conditions. And guess what...the common Flu that's been around for 2,000 years and has a lot more victims, but we are not talking about the dangerous common Flu. We are talking about a "Pandemic" during an election year.

Comment

Working...
                                X