Fishing Tournament WALLEYE CHEATERS--BUSTED, WE GOT WEIGHTS IN FISH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Tournament WALLEYE CHEATERS--BUSTED, WE GOT WEIGHTS IN FISH

This guy raked in $300,000 last year in prize money from fishing competitions. On top of that, he has sponsors. Companies who fund him and provide equipment in exchange for the publicity, probably in excess of his prize winnings. He's been winning competitions for years.

longer version...

As a competitor in a very low stakes annual fishing tournament, the full length video is absolutely enthralling. The first 14 minutes or so are outwardly boring, because each team is coming up to weight their 5 biggest fish and the weights are in the teens, low twenties. Then, with the leader at 23lbs. Or so, these mavericks roll in with 5 fish weighing over 33lbs. Outweighing the leader by an average of 2lbs per fish, which is pretty unbelievable in any circumstance. The crowd is talking amongst themselves and there's a bit of disbelief, but no hullabaloo.

Then they take their winning fish, hold them up for photos and the rest of the teams to see and any experienced fisherman knows roughly the weight of any given fish and you can hear the cognitive dissonance in the crowd. Then the 'winners' start to take their fish and leave when the judge/official calls them back over and chats with the guy in the video for a minute. It looks like the official presses him a bit. Like gives him the chance to come clean or withdraw from the tournament. Maybe he's testing him.

You can tell by the body language that something is up and the crowd starts to murmur from a distance away. The official grabs a knife from his assistant and a fish and drops it on the ground and slices it open. Digs his hands inside, then holds it up like a beating heart in the temple of doom and yells "WE HAVE WEIGHTS IN FISH!!!"

The crowd erupts and surges forward and this video begins. I have had close relatives come to almost assaulting another close friend over a $20entry and bragging rights. These guys have swindled anywhere from $300k to millions of prizes including a brand new boat (that shit is expensive) I wouldn't be surprised if these guys disappear one day and justice is never officially served. Don't piss off a bunch of guys with boats. They know where to hide the body.

Last edited by scootro; 10-01-2022, 01:06 PM.

it's illegal in Texas! Garland fisherman on the hook for jail time after cheating in bass tournament https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2010...ss-tournament/

Comment

Wow, they are big mad!
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

saw that today. I'd be mad too. these two guys have won a brand new bass boat and thousands of dollars at tournaments.

Comment

Those guys deserve to have their asses beat and be banned from the sport for life. I fished a local club for years and would be ticked if someone was caught cheating - and our average 1st place prize was only around $250.

I can't imagine getting swindled out of a new boat by a cheat.

Comment

Working...
          X