1996 Cobra mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Cobra mods

I just picked up a 1996 Cobra with 98K original miles. It is bone stock, with original suspension, seats, interior, engine, etc. I am interested in replacing the suspension (the original stuff is worn out with 98K on it), seats (original leather is showing wear and the driver seat has a lean to it) and possibly some new wheels and tires, and eventually adding a power adder, probably a supercharger. I have recently gotten addicted to the series on MavTV "Search for the ultimate street car". I have no intent of trying to compete there, but that would be the direction I am thinking. I will have a budget of about 10K for the whole project, and I was thinking 3-5K for suspension, 1-2K for wheels and tires, and maybe 3-5k for a power adder and gears. I want to still be able to drive the vehicle on weekend cruises, so going full on race car with the suspension is not the direction I want to go.

I am looking for people who have done some similar mods to the SN95 platform or know others who have.

I appreciate any ideas or suggestions.
    1983 Mustang Coupe

Is this the same Paladin from Canada?

Comment

I would add a Maximum Motorsports R&T package for the car. Not quite full on race car stuff but more than just a street car. If that is a 6spd car run 4.10 gears, the car comes out of the hole well and with the high rpm and extra gear the 4.10s will be a nice set up.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/19...Box-P1055.aspx
      1995 Cobra #404
      1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
      1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

Snake, I have heard good things about the MM package. How must firmer is the ride from stock with it? Have you ridden in a car with that package?
        1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

I have a Vortech T-trim for sale (complete kit) polished head unit $3500. I also have a set of Steeda ultra lite rims for sale? LMK on both. I also have some brembo Red valve covers for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Is this the same Paladin from Canada?
            God, I hope so

Comment

flanders is that you?
              2012 GT500

Comment

Wicked, I am planning on doing suspension first, seats second, then wheels and tires, then power adder. I will keep it in mind though.

Canada? Never been there.
                1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

Comment

If you get the Maximum Motorsport stuff go ahead and get everything in one package. Tell them how you intend to use the car and they will pick the right springs. That will make a huge difference in how the car drives.

Comment

I had almost a complete Maximum Motorsport suspension package in my old 98 GT.

I can't give enough praise about them or the quality of their parts...

Comment

Thanks, JW and Gargamel. The MM stuff seems to be the direction to go. I plan to call them when I do this (soon hopefully) and do it all at once.
                        1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

I have been for a ride in a fox with just the rear pan hard bar set up and springs and it was such an amazing difference.
                          1995 Cobra #404
                          1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
                          1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

I had a '97 Cobra that was a simple combo but worked extremely well.

Suspension consisted of an eibach drag spring kit, upper and lower control arms, Lakewood drag shocks and struts, M/T drag radials.

Car had every bolt on under the sun you could throw at one full length headers, imrc deletes, accufab tb, 255lph pump, 39lb injectors.

KNS dry kit pilled for a 200 hit

HPP built shortblock Manley rods, JE pistions 9:1 compression, stock cams

Built 4R70W with a 3000rpm stall and trans brake from mikes trick shift

3.73 gears, moser axles

Sure I'm leaving something out. Best et was a 6.87@99mph on a 1.45 60'
                            Last edited by F8LSVT; 06-22-2016, 07:51 PM.
                            1990 GT

Comment

Had a 98 w vortech long tubes 3.73 it was a fun car. The charger is definitely worth saving for. Don't skimp on the fuel setup

Comment

Working...
                              X