next purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next purchase?

Ive been thinking about another gun for a while, and won a $250 gift card this morning. I kinda hope I can get it before the GTG, but that may be optimistic. Sometimes I can request a paper cert that I can print and use immediately... that would be nice. Im willing to add a hundo or so with it.

So I'm really light on pistols, and it seems that whenever I start looking, I stop because Im cheap as fuck and also have expensive taste. Is there a decent plinker that I should look at?

Ive considered a 10/22, or a 22/45, since I do enjoy shooting .22.

Thoughts? Opinions?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    Ive been thinking about another gun for a while, and won a $250 gift card this morning. I kinda hope I can get it before the GTG, but that may be optimistic. Sometimes I can request a paper cert that I can print and use immediately... that would be nice. Im willing to add a hundo or so with it.

So I'm really light on pistols, and it seems that whenever I start looking, I stop because Im cheap as fuck and also have expensive taste. Is there a decent plinker that I should look at?

Ive considered a 10/22, or a 22/45, since I do enjoy shooting .22.

Thoughts? Opinions?
    Both of those are great guns. I have the Ruger american .22 as well (bolt action that accepts 10/22 mags ). That thing is stupid quite shootings subs with a suppressor.

Comment

You can never go wrong with a 10/22

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Both of those are great guns. I have the Ruger american .22 as well (bolt action that accepts 10/22 mags ). That thing is stupid quite shootings subs with a suppressor.
        I have an old Marlin bolt action that I love, it was the first gun I bought after a few months of mowing yards. It's fun.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

10/22, and I've seen take downs for about that ($350) lately, but not sure you would get it before the GTG.

I'll probably bring my 10/22 iTac and my 22/45. They are fun and great because they come with threaded barrels, as does the takedown. Unfortunately, both are a little over your budget normally, but I've seen the 22/45 lower than that at times.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
            10/22, and I've seen take downs for about that ($350) lately, but not sure you would get it before the GTG.

I'll probably bring my 10/22 iTac and my 22/45. They are fun and great because they come with threaded barrels, as does the takedown. Unfortunately, both are a little over your budget normally, but I've seen the 22/45 lower than that at times.
            45/22 is 329 at academy, takedown is 339. Either I could do.

Any 9mm that would be an option?

Comment

If you like .22 pistols, check out the Ruger SR22. I REALLY regret selling mine. That was an awesome little pistol.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I too have the 22/45 with the target barrel. I love it. I was kindda like u i put off buying it for years cuz i didnt want to drop $400 on a .22. But i havnt regreted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  45/22 is 329 at academy, takedown is 339. Either I could do.

Any 9mm that would be an option?
                  Add a decimal place and it would still be short of the 9mm I want, and that is before the two stamps. Fuck, cool guns are expensive.

I don't know of a good 9 in that range, but others may
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I love shooting the mp22c pistol. Shoots great and is a regular sized handgun vs some of the others that feel like toys.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

I'd get a ruger lite 22/45 myself. I love that gun, so much fun. You can get one hell of a shooter for next to nothing.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        I'd get a ruger lite 22/45 myself. I love that gun, so much fun. You can get one hell of a shooter for next to nothing.
                        I think iv said this before, but shooting ur lite at one of the gtg's is what finally got me to buy my 22/45.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                          Add a decimal place and it would still be short of the 9mm I want, and that is before the two stamps. Fuck, cool guns are expensive.

I don't know of a good 9 in that range, but others may
                          My citadel 1911 in 9mm was $329 at academy. Its been an awesome range gun. U just never know if they will ever drop it that low again.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                            I think iv said this before, but shooting ur lite at one of the gtg's is what finally got me to buy my 22/45.
                            I'm glad man. I've bought just about every .22 pistol there trying to find the one I liked. It seems like every few months I sit down and change something on it. It's always worth the time, and it's really impressive how just $40 can make it nearly perfect.

Last edited by CJ; 08-04-2016, 07:20 PM.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              I'm glad man. I've bought just about every .22 pistol there trying to find the one I liked. It seems like every few months I sit down and change something on it. It's always worth the time, and it's really impressive how just $40 can make it nearly perfect.
                              I likey.

Comment

Working...
                              X