We're building a house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran my own gas line from tank to shop, it really was not all that hard

The copper line was a bit expensive I still have at least 40 feet of line left

Comment

While I like a gas cooktop, we didnt run a gas line to the house. I dont regret it.

We have a properly sized/engineered heat pump and our electric bills average $75/80 year round. We have a heat pump water heater and induction cooktop. 100% electric and very affordable electric bills for a 2100sqft 1960s remodel. This house is not near as tight as a new house would be even with the spray foam.

Comment

Congrats on the new house & shop build DJ! Get it insulated as well as possible now during the building stage when it is cheap to do. It will pay for itself many times over thru the years.

Comment

Our house is 4400sqft and is primarily propane using a 500 gallon tank. Since May of last year I've spent $925.00 on propane. That includes the first time fill of an empty tank and the top off from last Friday. It was $1500 to lease the tank and have them coat and bury the tank. They also installed the line from the tank to the house.

As part of the lease they maintain the fill level and use a credit card on file to bill me. They offer a discount to allow them to manage the fill times rather than me calling in for a fill up. I'd probably forget anyway.

Our furnace, water heater, stove, pool/spa heater, fireplace (wood burning gas light) and outdoor grill are all propane.
          sigpic

Comment

Few things I remember asking for when we did a similar build,
            • Widen the driveway concrete pour from the start of the house structure instead of just a few inches past the garage door, gives you more elbow room for the cars.
            • Patio Gas drop for the grill.
            • 2 light fixtures for both sides of the garage door.
            • Cable TV drop in the Garage

G/L

Comment

Moving right along. I did a walk through Monday, found a couple of things done that I didnt like, they are fixing them this week. Also got another water hose connection added, and a propane stub on the back porch. Insulation is about to go in, sheetrock is going in after. Brick was delivered monday also. They are about a month ahead of schedule at this point.

We listed our house last night at 6:30, and there's 4 showings already scheduled for today and tomorrow.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                Moving right along. I did a walk through Monday, found a couple of things done that I didnt like, they are fixing them this week. Also got another water hose connection added, and a propane stub on the back porch. Insulation is about to go in, sheetrock is going in after. Brick was delivered monday also. They are about a month ahead of schedule at this point.

We listed our house last night at 6:30, and there's 4 showings already scheduled for today and tomorrow.
                If only.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Better go buy a lottery ticket, looks like shit is going your way.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                    Better go buy a lottery ticket, looks like shit is going your way.
                    I have a realtor that is earning his money.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      I have a realtor that is earning his money.
                      realtors are a waste

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                        realtors are a waste
                        Not this ignorant shit again...
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Comment

goddamn i was trying to make a joke you dweebs

Comment

Comment

A lot of the shit you post is so outlandish, it's hard to tell when you're being serious and when you're being facetious.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X