DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Old 02-09-2019, 10:48 AM   #21
SBFORDTECH
Lifer

She is to the Dems what Trump is for us. Trump exposed the Rinos for what they are and she is exposing Dems for what they are. Together they are showing that D&Rs are two sides of the same coin. Do not discount her.
SBFORDTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:27 AM   #22
sc281
Lifer

She's absolutely a blessing.

The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy, but I can still approve of her tactics.

She's bringing the choice the left offers into full focus and in perfect contrast to the right's - with the added bonus of degrading the establishment libs as we have done the establishment repubs.

The downside is that, with the lines that are being drawn and every side feels they're being threatened, the odds of violent conflict keep going higher.
“In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security. They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all – security, comfort, and freedom. When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again.” Edward Gibbon
sc281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:33 AM   #23
The King
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM View Post
Stupid has a name....
Ocasio earned an economics degree, so she is at least not book-smart stupid.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:15 PM   #24
SBFORDTECH
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281 View Post
She's absolutely a blessing.

The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy, but I can still approve of her tactics.

She's bringing the choice the left offers into full focus and in perfect contrast to the right's - with the added bonus of degrading the establishment libs as we have done the establishment repubs.

The downside is that, with the lines that are being drawn and every side feels they're being threatened, the odds of violent conflict keep going higher.
Keep keepin’ it 100 homie.

This is absolutely correct.
SBFORDTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #25
Jimbo
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
FWIW, Pelosi announced the members of the new climate select committee, and AOC is not on the roster.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congre...ittee-not-snub

Freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Speaker Nancy Pelosi invited her to serve on a select committee studying climate change solutions, but she opted against it because she’s already on an Oversight and Reform subcommittee on the environment.

“She did in fact invite me to be on the committee,” the New York Democrat said. “So I don’t think this is a snub.”

Ocasio-Cortez’s comments on the select committee came Thursday during a press conference she and Massachusetts Sen. Ed Markey held to unveil their resolution calling for a “Green New Deal.”
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:57 AM   #26
sc281
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281 View Post
“In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security. They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all – security, comfort, and freedom. When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again.” Edward Gibbon
sc281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:13 AM   #27
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
Ocasio earned an economics degree, so she is at least not book-smart stupid.
Yes but as the last decade or two has proven, book smart can still be real, reeeeal fucking stupid. Smartest man in america (Chris langan Iq 200) says he finds that these people often are not capable of much real thought. Critical thinking, problem solving, even stuff like spatial awareness. That many times they're just good at memorizing so they'll be great at taking tests. They'll look like the best thing since sliced bread with a 4.0 gpa at an ivy league. And they should've just been kindergarten teachers or some such.

If I had to hazard some kind of a guess, I'd pin it on wisdom. If your wisdom score is too low, you are quite fucked in life. Regardless of intelligence score. Sounds like Dungeons and Dragons. Too bad we don't test for wisdom, but I'd love it if we could. What would the questions be like? The easy ones might be something like:

Do you take only a little bit of money now (but you get it right now) or a lot of money later? (but you don't get it until much later).

Like Peterson says, it has something to do with the ability to delay gratification, which largely comes from evolution. People who come from way down south, there isn't much winter so they never really developed much in the way of delaying gratification. However with europeans, the story is much different. Up until about 80 years ago, if you didn't delay gratification in europe, you died. So the people from places where winter is mild at most, think that "You're just being greedy and mean!" if you don't want to just share whatever you've got with anyone and everyone.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #28
Craizie
Cracka

Wtf
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #29
AnthonyS
Lifer

Never go full r'tard.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote