No announcement yet.

1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out with the old, finally got started on the rear section , I’m gonna cut out the inner wheel wells (I have new ones) and then I’m gonna get to grinding and scraping all the old rust, also gonna be removing all of the unnecessary brackets Under there I don’t need. I also need to cut out the upper shock mount panel as well. That should be ..... fun..... more damn spot welds lol. I actually ended up having to cut the leafs themselves to pull out the diff and then cut the bolts from the brackets. It was fun haha. On to the next step. Once I get the rear end back under it and set up. I’m gonna install the sub frame connectors and then fully weld the floor in.

Then I gotta go back up front and weld the top of the fender mounting brackets from the apron to the cowl panel so I can put the fenders back on.

Slowly moving down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Grind grind grind , got the rest of the leaf springs out and took out the bolts. Got as much of the surface rust off as I could today. Gonna take a smaller hand grinder to get more of the crevesis. Then I can move on to cutting out the shock tower panel. Once I get that all situated I’ll rust prevent the rest, prime it and then partially undercoat it.

Comment

• Cut out the shock mounts for the rear shocks to clear space for the new rear sub frame.

Then did some grinding and got all of the rust ( or as much as possible).

Then got the holes drilled for the mounts for the sub frame and welded in the sleeves for the bolts.

Ready for the next step in mounting the sub frame. Once I do that I can start getting the rear end and brakes installed along with the sub frame connectors. Then once the car is on the ground with all 4 wheels , I’ll weld the floor in completely.

Sheesh

What a couple of weeks lol

Comment

• Dang man. It sure was nice of you to build a car around that roof panel, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            Dang man. It sure was nice of you to build a car around that roof panel, lol.
            True story!

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Comment

I laughed until I realized you're right...

Comment

• This whole thread makes me hate myself for not having my car done yet.

Comment

• Has anyone had experience with the Rear AJE kit, the instructions are bullshit, and I’m pretty sure they shorted me bolts I need. I’m super pissed off right now. I don’t have the lower control arm to chassis bolts, the upper control arm to differential bolts and the setup for the coil overs to the diff and cradle are dumb.

Comment

• Track down xsboost90 on IG, hes running the AJE rear.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• call AJE. They are generally pretty helpful. I was missing a couple bolts in my front kit, and they shipped them to me.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          call AJE. They are generally pretty helpful. I was missing a couple bolts in my front kit, and they shipped them to me.

Man, then something’s changed, they’re almost clueless with their new rear setups. It’s horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                            Track down xsboost90 on IG, hes running the AJE rear.

I don’t have any social media :/

Comment

• And looking at his IG, it looks like he’s cut up his AJE suspension lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                                Man, then something’s changed, they’re almost clueless with their new rear setups. It’s horrible.

damn, I was on the phone with ANTHONY GODDAMN JONES at one point.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X