No announcement yet.

Painters, what guns/paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you on the paint cost. PPG ain't cheap, but there are alternatives like nason or those paint lines that summit and eastwood sell.

You could put 2-3 coats of basecoat on those parts with 1/2 gallon of paint and have still have paint left over. I think a quart would be cutting it too close and wouldn't leave you any room for oopsies. A quart of clear should be plenty. Once you cut the paint/clear with reducer you get twice as much.

Comment

Y'all stop complaining about cost... I just paid $446 for a pint!!!
      Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
        I hear you on the paint cost. PPG ain't cheap, but there are alternatives like nason or those paint lines that summit and eastwood sell.

You could put 2-3 coats of basecoat on those parts with 1/2 gallon of paint and have still have paint left over. I think a quart would be cutting it too close and wouldn't leave you any room for oopsies. A quart of clear should be plenty. Once you cut the paint/clear with reducer you get twice as much.
        What about 'Matrix'? My local supplier I've used for years told me it was very similar to PGG @ 40% the cost. Quoted me a quart of PG8 (Forest Green Pearl) and a quart of Clear w/ reducer and activator for $140.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It's a PPG knock off. If you look in their cat. they hava several pages of ppg #s that will cross to Matrix. Clears, reducers, hardners, pearls, and even toners on the mixing system.

There is a paint store in Rockwall that I have bought matrix colors from when I was in a bind on sat. mornings and it always works fine. I wouldn't be worried about using it. Should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
            It's a PPG knock off. If you look in their cat. they hava several pages of ppg #s that will cross to Matrix. Clears, reducers, hardners, pearls, and even toners on the mixing system.

There is a paint store in Rockwall that I have bought matrix colors from when I was in a bind on sat. mornings and it always works fine. I wouldn't be worried about using it. Should be fine.
            Well, sounds like I should give it a go!
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

You should be fine just make sure you are mixing it right and have the right hardners/reducers for the temp. you are using it in.

Comment

Where is this store located ? I need to pick up some primer and paint.
                07 GT500
                05 SRT10
                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                93 Cobra
                86 coupe
                Ducati 848

Comment

Matrix has a good primer, very high build. It's called t&t paint supply and is on 66 on the NE side of the square in downtown Rockwall.

Comment

Matrix has a good primer, very high build. It's called t&t paint supply and is on 66 on the NE side of the square in downtown Rockwall.
                    cool thanks man !
                    07 GT500
                    05 SRT10
                    88 turbocoupe T-bird
                    93 Cobra
                    86 coupe
                    Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
                    X