Lets see some birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see some birds

Alright time to post pics of those turkeys and Thanksgiving feast.

I smoked this one for just under 5 hours and it came out perfect. Skin was spot on and plenty of juice inside the bird.

I can make a meal out of these damn things.

Here is ours just before it hit the racks. Taking it out occasionally for basting.
    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

I had an extra package of bacon so I figured what the hell. I'll throw it on the smoker and make some homemade dog treats. Holly shit is it good. The dog is shit out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
        I had an extra package of bacon so I figured what the hell. I'll throw it on the smoker and make some homemade dog treats. Holly shit is it good. The dog is shit out of luck.
        Shake it up in a bag of brown sugar before smoking it next time. It's fucking delicious bacon candy!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          Shake it up in a bag of brown sugar before smoking it next time. It's fucking delicious bacon candy!
          Damn that sounds good. If the grocery store was open I'd go buy another pack of bacon since I still have the smoker going.

Comment

Smoked bacon has been on my smoking menu for a long time. It happened by accident one year at Nascar, when I cooked a bunch of bacon on the grill, then put it in the smoker to stay warm. People were coming back to the smoker just for seconds on the bacon...

I did two bone in turkey breasts on the smoker today, i'll post pics later. I also did a full turkey in the oven because we weren't sure if everyone coming over would like smoked turkey.

Comment

I smoked one on hickory and apple chunks. Brined it for 12 hours. It was a little 9 pounder so it was done in 5 hours. I did it on my ugly drum. I used a roasting pan and rack with beer in the bottom. Came out juicy and delicious. Sorry no pics.
              I also fried one that I injected with the cajun butter stuff but everyone seemed to like the smoked one better.
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                Alright time to post pics of those turkeys and Thanksgiving feast.

I smoked this one for just under 5 hours and it came out perfect. Skin was spot on and plenty of juice inside the bird.

That looks like a pretty large bird to be able to smoke in less than 5 hours. What temperature was your smoker holding at?

Comment

It was a 12lb bird and was smoked at 275 degrees.

Comment

Working...
                  X