Desserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    I would go 350ish. But I wouldn't be smoking a cobbler, either.
    Definetely. I think it will end up being a mushy mess.

Comment

Here it is all done and it smells great. I'll post more pics after it cools down and we dig into it.

Comment

<<<Very Interested
        Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
        -Fred Sanford

Comment

Choooo chooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

It was a hit. Pretty damn good and I will definitely be making it again.

Comment

peach cobbler is good......peach cobbler with blue bell homemade vanilla I.C. is the bomb.
              sigpic

Comment

The crust looks too cakey for cobbler. How did the introduction of smoke work with the sugary sweetness? I still can't get past how awful that combination soinds.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

smoked anything > anything
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Geof,

It had a very subtle taste when it came to the smoke flavor. I took it down to my sister's house for dinner and didn't tell her or my BIL how I cooked it. They both said it was really good, but something was different about it and they couldn't guess what it was. That's when I told them I smoked it. It's one of those things where you don't really taste it till you've been told why it's different then you notice it with every bite, but it's not over powering at all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                      The crust looks too cakey for cobbler. How did the introduction of smoke work with the sugary sweetness? I still can't get past how awful that combination soinds.
                      My mom makes cobblers with the same style crust. I prefer it to the pastry/pie crust style. Probably because I grew up eating it that way. It's damn good though.

Comment

We made it with that kind of crust in a dutch oven when we would go camping growing up. I prefer tradition pie type crust, but I love dessert and peaches so I will eat either one and enjoy it.

My uncle has a big smoker and makes cobblers right along with his briskets and they always turn out great.

Comment

Working...
                        X