Brisket Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by futant View Post
    No a UDS (ugly drum smoker) is verticle.
    The reason i foil first is because I don't want to check on it.
    I do mine all setup and forget it.
    So i foil first because opening it and checking on it causes me to have to remove grills, flareups occur, etc.

UDS I setup and it burns 150-200 for about 8hours or more on a single load.
    I only check the temp about the first hour, and fiddle with vents a hair.
    That's it.
    I'm not really into smoking so much as i am awesome food. There fore I don't like the task of loading wood into a freight train all day and checking on it. I go work on something else. Works awesome and just as good as anythign ive ever tasted.

some of you are just smoker snobs !
    lol. Ok buddy.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
      Easiest way to begin a new hobby, IMO. Pork butt is very forgiving whereas something like a brisket is not. You can let the heat get a bit more out of control(within reason and for short periods of time) and still not have a negative impact on the end product. What size butt are you going to do? What kind of smoker are you using? What kind of fuel source are you using?
      I've been smoking for quite some time, so I've got brisket, turkey, chickens and ribs down pretty good. Could always be better, but never any complaints.

I have yet to try a pork butt so it should be somewhat simple. Saw an episode of Diner's Drive-Ins and Dives where they were doing them and I said, "shit, haven't done one of those yet..."

Actually have a membership to the Restaurant Supply store and picked up on pack of pork butts (2x 8lbs) for like ...$17. I'm going to get after those tomorrow night and finish them up Sunday around lunch.

We do not talk about my smoker for fear of shenanigans and tomfoolery my way.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
        Why not just cook it in the oven if you're going to have it wrapped the whole time?
        You beat me to it.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
          No a UDS (ugly drum smoker) is verticle.
          The reason i foil first is because I don't want to check on it.
          I do mine all setup and forget it.
          So i foil first because opening it and checking on it causes me to have to remove grills, flareups occur, etc.

UDS I setup and it burns 150-200 for about 8hours or more on a single load.
          I only check the temp about the first hour, and fiddle with vents a hair.
          That's it.
          I'm not really into smoking so much as i am awesome food. There fore I don't like the task of loading wood into a freight train all day and checking on it. I go work on something else. Works awesome and just as good as anythign ive ever tasted.

some of you are just smoker snobs !
          Doesn't come out looking like this, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            Doesn't come out looking like this, does it?

Don't cloud up this thread with your logic and proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
              Don't cloud up this thread with your logic and proof.
              Lulz
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Seems to be great but I'm not going to try it again. I tried it one time and never again.
                Some edible just like it was cook( roasted) on coal fire and that made me disturbed. Vomiting.. :P
                Waterford Health

Comment

Who the f are you and what are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    Who the f are you and what are you talking about?
                    Don't be retarded, he is talking about that one thing that one time over there.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
                      Seems to be great but I'm not going to try it again. I tried it one time and never again.
                      Some edible just like it was cook( roasted) on coal fire and that made me disturbed. Vomiting.. :P
                      I like your screen name and your sig spell your name 2 different ways.

Comment

Working...
                      X