This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here use a pressure cooker?

Seems like I'm always cooking stuff that takes forever. Some stuff requires slowly cooking overnight. Roast mainly, but a couple other things. Anyway, I've read up on pressure cookers and it seems one of their big advantages is that they cut down cook time dramatically.

This sounds very appealing to me as I'm always cooking something, and it seems like I wait a lot on it to get finished. Anyone here have experience with pressure cookers? Are they worth it? And what's a good, high capacity one that won't break the bank? On ebay they go up to over $400. That's a bit more than I want to spend on a cooking device.
    WH

I just reported your terrorist ass to the FBI, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Comment

Of course, of course.

But anyway..
      WH

Comment

All you have to do is duct tape the lid onto the pot, does the same thing.

Comment

Made me some good roast at granny's house in 4 hours, instead of 12. She's got a cooker which appears to be from the late 70's. Need to find a quality modern day one. That's not so expensive. They're all over the place for sale, but I've no idea of the quality. The prices vary too wildly
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Made me some good roast at granny's house in 4 hours, instead of 12. She's got a cooker which appears to be from the late 70's. Need to find a quality modern day one. That's not so expensive. They're all over the place for sale, but I've no idea of the quality. The prices vary too wildly
            Do the duct tape thing and report back.

Comment

Before taping you will need to create some kind of seal. Weather stripping should work.

Comment

Just fold some duct tape in half, done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  Do the duct tape thing and report back.
                  I might. I might.

I guess you guys all eat out a lot.
                  WH

Comment

Doesn't matter if we give you good advice. You'll ignore it and move on to the next random thought that pops into your little squirrel brain.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      I might. I might.

I guess you guys all eat out a lot.
                      No, my wife knows how to cook.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                        boosh!
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          boosh!
                          That could be the weakest boosh i've ever had then unfortunate luck to witness.

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          My wife cooks, but a real man can cook too, even if its mostly outdoors. The ol lady can't be everywhere with you, to wipe your ass. Probably keeps your balls in her purse, so you don't have to worry about it. Actually yeah, it makes sense now. There's you a much better boosh, Baron.

man i love this site
                          Last edited by Gasser64; 09-16-2015, 01:50 PM.
                          WH

Comment

So you are cooking on a pressure cooker over a campfire?
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

My ol lady wipes my ass. Is this not the norm?

Comment

Working...
                              X