No announcement yet.

1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaned the crap out of the diff and painted it with a semi-gloss paint. Didn’t really want to pull it all apart and powder coating it. If there ends up being an issue with it later and I have to rebuild it. Then I’ll do it then, right now I’m not too worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah buddy!

Comment

• Sweet. And yeah, that thing doesn't need powder coat. Give it some black and let it disappear.

Comment

• Passenger side floor support removed and mocked up with the new one. The new ones seems higher than the old ones. Maybe it’s just me, or the metal just seems “bigger” lol.

Comment

• Did these today, all I have left are the mounting brackets, and I think I’m gonna end up doing them in black. Kind of offsetting so much red.

Comment

• Go ahead and build some subframe connectors that will lay down in those channels
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                Go ahead and build some subframe connectors that will lay down in those channels

I’ve got some that’ll be welded on.

Comment

• I was going to suggest the same thing. Since you are that far into it you might as well build a full length, through the floor, sub frames.

Comment

• Originally posted by homealone View Post
                    I was going to suggest the same thing. Since you are that far into it you might as well build a full length, through the floor, sub frames.

Yeah I hear ya. I got some sub frame connectors on here. Once the floor is in and ready I’ll install them. I think my rear cradle ships today so I should have it next week. Still haven’t fully decided on wheels and Wich once so want to use. But I can get the replica FR500s cheap.

Comment

• From what I’ve been reading online. I’m gonna need to separate the torque boxes. It makes it “easier” to install the new ones.

Comment

• So as I was hoping, WAY easier separating the torque box halves. Welded up the floor support first, then installed the lower half, clamped it in place as best as I could, put the upper half on and lined it back up, then welded the top to the bottom and then welded the box to the chassis.

Not too shabby

Comment

• Out with the old,
                          Gotta still out the spot welds to remove the floor support, then remove the old sheet metal edges from the box, then clean and install and weld lol.

This one was a pain to remove, I ended up having to take out the plasma cutter again. It came out nice and easy after that haha.

Good progress today, I may go out this evening and get the rest out. But as for now, it’s Madden 19 time!

Comment

• Got th drives side support off. Got as much of the rust off as possible, this side was way worse in the rust department, there were huge chunks that came out of the floor support, unfortunately I had to cut the lower portion of the frame rail out , only the part that was attached to the floor support, once I instal the new floor support, it going to cut a strip of sheet metal and re-enforce it on the bottom side. Then I’ll add the torque box back and start patching the lower floor. So far so good, not big snag ups or anything like that.

Comment

• And the bravery continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                                And the bravery continues.

I’m tryin man lol

Comment

Working...
                                X