Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    I'm to poor for heli's
    I got the 250 and 500 for free... But I've spent about $350 on the upgrades to the 250 so far. Mainly because it came with enough batteries to fly numerous times and if I crash it the cost to fix is a lot less.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

these things still run gyros?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
        these things still run gyros?
        Very much so, one for the tail and a 2nd one for the head since there's no flybar.

Stevo

Comment

So I added a few more planes to the mix...

I got an Inverza 280 and a Sport Cub S to screw around at the park by my house.

And a few months back I found a Reactor Bipe (.60 size) still NIB on the RC Groups forum and since I had always REALLY wanted one 10 years ago when they came out but never pulled the trigger (discontinued) I figured I'd better grab it while I had the chance. I spent the last few months slowly gathering the components for it and started the build this week. Since I'm on PTO next week I hope to have it done by Thanksgiving but I'm taking my time as I can't get spares or replacement parts for it.

It's getting a Spektrum 9350 RX, Rimfire .80 motor, Castle Talon 90 ESC, an Align DS530 for the rudder, Hitec HS255B for Aileron and Elevator servos.

Stevo

Comment

beautiful bipe. electric power has really made this hobby easier along with 2.4ghz. I sometimes consider converting all of my old glow fuel planes to e power.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              beautiful bipe. electric power has really made this hobby easier along with 2.4ghz. I sometimes consider converting all of my old glow fuel planes to e power.

Thanks, and I agree but I'm not sure it's worth it to convert a bunch of older planes if they are already flying. The batteries and chargers and stuff will get expensive if you don't already have them, not to mention the cost of the motor/mount/and ESC's.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                Thanks, and I agree but I'm not sure it's worth it to convert a bunch of older planes if they are already flying. The batteries and chargers and stuff will get expensive if you don't already have them, not to mention the cost of the motor/mount/and ESC's.
                I have a pretty good collection of electric park flyers. It’s been a while since I’ve flown glow fuel planes but I will likely this next year. I’ve got the charger covered. I don’t have any big batteries, motors or escs to fly a larger bird, yet. I’ve got a motor and esc for a 40 sized bird, but the planes I need to buikd are all 60 sized warbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  I have a pretty good collection of electric park flyers. It’s been a while since I’ve flown glow fuel planes but I will likely this next year. I’ve got the charger covered. I don’t have any big batteries, motors or escs to fly a larger bird, yet. I’ve got a motor and esc for a 40 sized bird, but the planes I need to buikd are all 60 sized warbirds.
                  Gotcha, for 60 sized birds like the Bipe I'm working on figure about $200ish for the motor/mount/esc and you'll need 6S batteries so usually $40-$60 a piece. (or 2x 3S at same prices)

Stevo

Comment

Well I'm just waiting on my pilot figure (next week) and my Xoar wooden prop (tomorrow) to have it complete and then do the final balance on it. I also need to work on the programming for the 3 flight modes as it has the AS3X RX in it, but I think I'll leave FM1 as pretty low rates and no AS3X at all and step into after the maiden and trim. Might be a while before I can maiden it though as it's a fairly windy time of year. I'll get some better pics once it's totally finished but here it is for now.

Stevo

Comment

I need to sell off a few things to pay for the new ix12 radio I just bought.

I will be selling the Spektrum DX7 radio, complete with original box, charger, and Lipo battery. I'm also going to be putting the TREX 500 up for sale, completely ready to fly including the Futaba radio and 1 battery... let me know if you're interested.

Stevo

Comment

So I got my iX12 and it's pretty awesome! I also posted up the T-Rex500 in the classifieds if anyone is interested, it's ready to fly as long as you have a Lipo charger capable of charging 6S. I've also got my DX7 posted up (different forum) for $85 and it has a new Lipo battery too. I still haven't been able to maiden the new Reactor bipe, partly due to wind and partly due to work over the last month.

What do you guys think is the max appropriate wind for a maiden? (assuming you have a large investment)

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                        X