No announcement yet.

Powdercoat Guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They come powder coated (black) anyway, so it's not like I'm making them any worse. I did some research on the interwebz, and it seems PC should be plenty durable if done right. There's a theory that a full-time PC shop that depends on making local customers happy will do a better job than whatever shop the manufacturer uses to get them in and out for mass production.

Never heard back from Matt; I'm sure he's busy. Found a shop here in CO that's going to do them for $90. At that price, I can get them redone every year if I really need to. Plus, this shop was one of several I called around to that committed to actually getting them done by the deadline I needed (next weekend), so that's cool.

I'll try to remember to post some pics when they are done and installed.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      They come powder coated (black) anyway, so it's not like I'm making them any worse. I did some research on the interwebz, and it seems PC should be plenty durable if done right. There's a theory that a full-time PC shop that depends on making local customers happy will do a better job than whatever shop the manufacturer uses to get them in and out for mass production.

Never heard back from Matt; I'm sure he's busy. Found a shop here in CO that's going to do them for $90. At that price, I can get them redone every year if I really need to. Plus, this shop was one of several I called around to that committed to actually getting them done by the deadline I needed (next weekend), so that's cool.

I'll try to remember to post some pics when they are done and installed.
      Did you message him on here? If so, I don’t think he gets on here at all anymore. I could be wrong.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Found a shop here in CO that's going to do them for $90. At that price, I can get them redone every year if I really need to.
        Can't argue with that!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Did you message him on here? If so, I don’t think he gets on here at all anymore. I could be wrong.
          Nah, on FB last night. He actually just responded about 5 minutes ago, but the order has already been placed and they're being drop-shipped to the shop up here. Oh well. Probably would have been too much hassle to try to get them to TX and back to me in time, anyway.

Comment

Nah, on FB last night. He actually just responded about 5 minutes ago, but the order has already been placed and they're being drop-shipped to the shop up here. Oh well. Probably would have been too much hassle to try to get them to TX and back to me in time, anyway.
            Yeah, probably. Glad you got fixed up though!
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Thanks silver_2000_tj for the tumbler, my wife was stoked when I surprised her with it.

Comment

That’s awesome to hear, i’m glad she liked it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  Thanks silver_2000_tj for the tumbler, my wife was stoked when I surprised her with it.

Killer. Is that a side boob?

Comment

Ok, how much was that? Would like the exact one just a different name on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                      Ok, how much was that? Would like the exact one just a different name on it.
                      Get bent, and original.

Comment

Get bent, and original.
                        An original rip off of GoT?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          An original rip off of GoT?
                          I'm being ornery.

Comment

Go to Harbor Freight and buy a powdercoat kit and learn to do it yourself....results may vary based on experience and willingness to learn...but its possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                              Go to Harbor Freight and buy a powdercoat kit and learn to do it yourself....results may vary based on experience and willingness to learn...but its possible.
                              That’s how I started with powder coating Jeep parts. Just don’t use the house oven to cook the Powder coating, the fumes are a little toxic.

You will also need a vinyl cutting machine, and keep the powder away from heat and humidity as it shortens the shelf life dramatically. Also most importantly you need a shit load of patience..... I can’t count how many times I have screwed up, and sometimes shit happens for no other reason, then it just wants to fuck with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_2000_tj View Post
                                That’s how I started with powder coating Jeep parts. Just don’t use the house oven to cook the Powder coating, the fumes are a little toxic.

You will also need a vinyl cutting machine, and keep the powder away from heat and humidity as it shortens the shelf life dramatically. Also most importantly you need a shit load of patience..... I can’t count how many times I have screwed up, and sometimes shit happens for no other reason, then it just wants to fuck with ya.
                                Yes...I picked up a craigslist oven in Albuquerque and started doing car parts when I rebuilt the front end of my Buick. Its amazing...people will even pay you to do it It's quite exciting when you get too close and static ignites the powder

You do nice work though...far better than anything I've attempted yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X