Acupuncture on a dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acupuncture on a dog?

So I'm taking one of my dogs to see another vet, she has a partially torn acl (or something like that) in her knee. Going to see about a brace to help her heal, she will not be still long enough for it to heal on it's own, and of course the other dog will not ever stop trying to play with her, so she keeps aggravating it

On their form, they mention one treatment option is acupuncture. Anyone ever had it done, either on themselves for a similar injury, or a pet?

Going to a partner clinic from this site
    $$$

I’ve personally watched a 2 year old Great Dane with severe spine issues go from unable to stand to sprinting down a slick hallway floor after a 30 minute acupuncture treatment. If done correctly, it works.

Torn acl is a bit much to ask for this type of therapy.

Have you looked into high dose vitamin c?

Comment

Dunno about the acupuncture.

But I do know you gotta kennel them to the point that you think you’re torturing them to get them to rest and heal. Take them out on a leash. It’s a lot of work to help them heal up.

Comment

Yeah, during the day she's pretty stable, mostly in the evening when we are all home and the younger one jumps on her head, he's a little fucker, lol.
        The acupuncture thing was just something i read on the consent form, not sure they'll offer it as an option.

Comment

Acupuncture for a dog? Holy shit, you must have your entire house covered in cow skin rugs!
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I dont know if these folks do acupuncture as you like but,they recently did spine surgery on my dog. The results were amazing. Went from waking up paraplegic to walking normal pretty quick. My dogs are my cow skin rugs lol
            Dr Bowen
            This domain is for sale! Fast and easy shopping. Trusted and secure since 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
              Acupuncture for a dog? Holy shit, you must have your entire house covered in cow skin rugs!
              Indeed we do, and my dog has a cow skin Purple mattress cover and a cow skin jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                So I'm taking one of my dogs to see another vet, she has a partially torn acl (or something like that) in her knee. Going to see about a brace to help her heal, she will not be still long enough for it to heal on it's own, and of course the other dog will not ever stop trying to play with her, so she keeps aggravating it

On their form, they mention one treatment option is acupuncture. Anyone ever had it done, either on themselves for a similar injury, or a pet?

Going to a partner clinic from this site
                $$$
                Man i just threw away one of the dog ACL braces that worked well for us thinking the odds of knowing someone that needed it were slim.

It worked well enough in our case.

Comment

Do it, Rob. I always thought it sounded silly until I saw it eliminate my moms migraines. It worked so well we tried it on her black Labrador for joint pain. Results were amazing and money well spent, especially knowing how you and Lyn love those critters.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Working...
                  X