Fuel for the fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
    Bitch please. Post a pic of that pit you use. I have aluminum foil in my pantry that is thicker than the walls of your pit lol.
    Must really suck knowing I can out cook you on a piece of shit I paid $50 for. Put your money where your fat ass mouth is.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
      Green wood smokes a lot more than seasoned wood, which can over smoke what your bbq. Also, it doesn't burn as hot. You can still do it, but I would try to get seasoned wood for cooking or burning.
      You mean those six or seven logs he has in there is too much? Who knew? Lmgdao.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        LOL you mean 3 logs. Sorry if I use real wood and my 3 logs looks like 7 in your eyes. I guess that happens when you're use to buying wood in a bag. Logs break up when they burn.

Bcoop sure does have a complex lol. Loves to talk shit, but can't have any thrown his way. Jus so you know Mr. know it all that fire wasn't hot at all. I used half a basket of charcoal to get my fire started and that was it. Smoker never got above 250.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
          LOL you mean 3 logs. Sorry if I use real wood and my 3 logs looks like 7 in your eyes. I guess that happens when you're use to buying wood in a bag. Logs break up when they burn.

Bcoop sure does have a complex lol. Loves to talk shit, but can't have any thrown his way. Jus so you know Mr. know it all that fire wasn't hot at all. I used half a basket of charcoal to get my fire started and that was it. Smoker never got above 250.
          In the top picture there are four, and a piece of another at minimum.

Complex? Not so much. I just think its comical that you have the misguided impression that an expensive smoker somehow makes you know what the fuck you are doing. And I'm an admitted arrogant bastard, and know for a fact I'd smoke your ass in a competition.

Comment

I say you guys have a cook off!

I'm invited right?

Comment

I usually strip the bark off before using it. It puts off a stronger smoke and can sometimes give a bitter taste on long smokes. Depends on what kind of wood it is though.
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Did someone say something about having a smoker cook-off? If so I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                  I usually strip the bark off before using it. It puts off a stronger smoke and can sometimes give a bitter taste on long smokes. Depends on what kind of wood it is though.
                  I do the same.

LS - Matt (Silverback) and I are hitting the competition circuit in Spring.

Comment

<----Electric smoker you uncivilized bastards. LOL
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

WTF..hold up
                      Maybe my meter is off today..lol. I didn't count how many he had. I just gave an opinion of what I've experienced using green wood. I don't know enough to get in this debate.

carry on

Comment

I do the same.

LS - Matt (Silverback) and I are hitting the competition circuit in Spring.
                        What circuit and do they have a website with dates and locations?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                          What circuit and do they have a website with dates and locations?
                          This is just one site of many, but here you go.

Comment

This is just one site of many, but here you go.

http://www.lonestarbarbecue.com/
                            Are you going to be staying in the LSBS sanctioned cookoffs? How many dates are you planning on attending? Have you already paid the $45 in dues for joining?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                              Are you going to be staying in the LSBS sanctioned cookoffs? How many dates are you planning on attending? Have you already paid the $45 in dues for joining?
                              Not just LSBS. We will be hitting any and all that we possibly can. We will start with some of the smaller ones, and work our way up. Eventually we will hit the big money events nationwide. That said, our team consists of 4 people. 2 in DFW and 2 in Austin area. So, it will be touch and go for the first couple months.

We haven't joined anything yet. Plenty of time to do so.

Comment

Hope yall enjoy it. I found the minute smoking foods got competitive (just little shit talking stuff among family), I started disliking it. Which is why I don't give a fuck if anyone likes it, I just make it my way now. (Just so happens, it's edible.)

Although, it was nice when my stuff was better Just takes the... therapeutic value of smoking food out of it.

Wish yall luck though.
                                Originally posted by MR EDD
                                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                                X