Brisket Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    Son of a bitch! I aint making that train money. I'll just keep using the floor.
    lol!!!!!! holy shit

Comment

Looks good.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

dont get me wrong, you are an annoying asshole, but that looks great!

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

By the way, $140 for a cutting board makes me wish I would have paid better attention in shop class. No way the lumber and labor involved in it is worth that much.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
            By the way, $140 for a cutting board makes me wish I would have paid better attention in shop class. No way the lumber and labor involved in it is worth that much.
            You ever been to Bucee's? That shit is 400% over what you can buy things for elsewhere.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              Never smoke in a vertical smoker before - but I rarely see people wrap in those - just a pan at the bottom with a little water.

I still prefer a horizontal smoker, due to having one but I also cover loosely for a slow smoke until the end (depending, 1-4 hours).
              His is not a traditional vertical smoker. It's a horizontal smoker and also has a vertical stack. Fire is still in a firebox off to the side.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                You ever been to Bucee's? That shit is 400% over what you can buy things for elsewhere.
                Never even heard of the place.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                  Never even heard of the place.
                  And you call yourself a Texan!!! Bucee's Flagship stores are the best gas station in the world and they have the cleanest bathroom. Every Buccee's I've been in is nothing but a buffet of titts and ass. Nothing will draw women in like a clean bathroom. Right now they are building one in New Braunfels and that thing is the size of a Walmart. It's suppose to have 75 pumps. During the summer on my days off I'm going to just hang out there all day. That place is going to be full of hot bitches in bikinis either going to the lake, the river, or schlitterbahn.

Comment

His is not a traditional vertical smoker. It's a horizontal smoker and also has a vertical stack. Fire is still in a firebox off to the side.
                    I know you've been talking about getting a new pit and you should look into lyfetyme pits. I love mine so much I'm gona sell it and upgrade. They make one the same style that I have, but it's twice the size of my current one. In the bigger one I could smoke 3 briskets and 3 porkbutts in the vertical section at the same time and still have the horizontal section for ribs, chicken, burgers, or anything else. I kick myself in the ass for not buying that one first, but at the time it seemed huge to me.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                      I know you've been talking about getting a new pit and you should look into lyfetyme pits. I love mine so much I'm gona sell it and upgrade. They make one the same style that I have, but it's twice the size of my current one. In the bigger one I could smoke 3 briskets and 3 porkbutts in the vertical section at the same time and still have the horizontal section for ribs, chicken, burgers, or anything else. I kick myself in the ass for not buying that one first, but at the time it seemed huge to me.

I'm going custom trailer with the next one. Or one that is already built that is close to what I want, and has the room to modify it to my exact wants/needs. I need the ability to smoke several hundred pounds at once, and the ability to do whole hog. If Matt ends up back in Dallas I may say fuck it and go commercial with a Southern Pride. I'm well beyond the hobbyist's smoker. I'll be going for broke on the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        Where did that cutting board come from? I love it.
                        Searching high and low for the best gourmet pecans Texas has to offer? Look no further than the superior quality offered by Davis Mountains Nut Company.

TX Flag Cutting Board
                        $95.00

Comment

I'm going custom trailer with the next one. Or one that is already built that is close to what I want, and has the room to modify it to my exact wants/needs. I need the ability to smoke several hundred pounds at once, and the ability to do whole hog. If Matt ends up back in Dallas I may say fuck it and go commercial with a Southern Pride. I'm well beyond the hobbyist's smoker. I'll be going for broke on the next one.
                          As I'm sure you know - there are a ton of custom smokers out there. I wish I could afford the one I saw in PA. It was a tanker trailer built as a smoker. 45-60' tanker...it was bad ass.

lol, even if I got it, I'd not be able to afford the wood to keep it going.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            As I'm sure you know - there are a ton of custom smokers out there. I wish I could afford the one I saw in PA. It was a tanker trailer built as a smoker. 45-60' tanker...it was bad ass.

lol, even if I got it, I'd not be able to afford the wood to keep it going.
                            Oh yeah, I'm well aware. I've spoken with several builders, and search a few online sites daily just to keep in tune with what pops up. I've spoken to several after they were sold to gauge going rate as well. This next one will be for competition and catering use, and if we get our ducks in a row, a Foodservice venture.

Comment

No a UDS (ugly drum smoker) is verticle.
                              The reason i foil first is because I don't want to check on it.
                              I do mine all setup and forget it.
                              So i foil first because opening it and checking on it causes me to have to remove grills, flareups occur, etc.

UDS I setup and it burns 150-200 for about 8hours or more on a single load.
                              I only check the temp about the first hour, and fiddle with vents a hair.
                              That's it.
                              I'm not really into smoking so much as i am awesome food. There fore I don't like the task of loading wood into a freight train all day and checking on it. I go work on something else. Works awesome and just as good as anythign ive ever tasted.

some of you are just smoker snobs !

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                                No a UDS (ugly drum smoker) is verticle.
                                The reason i foil first is because I don't want to check on it.
                                I do mine all setup and forget it.
                                So i foil first because opening it and checking on it causes me to have to remove grills, flareups occur, etc.

UDS I setup and it burns 150-200 for about 8hours or more on a single load.
                                I only check the temp about the first hour, and fiddle with vents a hair.
                                That's it.
                                I'm not really into smoking so much as i am awesome food. There fore I don't like the task of loading wood into a freight train all day and checking on it. I go work on something else. Works awesome and just as good as anythign ive ever tasted.

some of you are just smoker snobs !
                                Why not just cook it in the oven if you're going to have it wrapped the whole time?
                                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                                X