4 Day Water Only Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Did you even read the first post and half the second page? The first post specifically mentions weight loss and working out whereas the second page discusses the same information in further detail but with some bad "data".

Lastly...this is the pumping iron forum...not the "let's starve ourselves skinny" forum.
    Yeah fasting without muscle loss means not expending muscle energy via working out. Pretty simple.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

The extended period fasting isn't about hardcore weight loss, more with long term health. The Joe Rogan/Dr. Rhonda Patrick gives the best overview of the benefits. Dr dominic d'agostino is a better resource when it comes to long term fasting and it effects on muscle loss. Think he did a 7 day fast and then did something like 500 pound deadlift 10 times.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
        The extended period fasting isn't about hardcore weight loss, more with long term health. The Joe Rogan/Dr. Rhonda Patrick gives the best overview of the benefits. Dr dominic d'agostino is a better resource when it comes to long term fasting and it effects on muscle loss. Think he did a 7 day fast and then did something like 500 pound deadlift 10 times.
        This is the kind of answer that I'm looking for, though more specifically, what was Dr. D'Agostino's deadlift before the fast? If it was 500x10 then cool, but if it was 550x10 before the fast, and it took 3 months to work back up to that (extreme example to make a point), then the 500x10 is no longer such a great stat.

From what I'm reading though, it was the same or close to it before the fast, so I just need to pick a time that works and go for it. I'm thinking after we get back from Russia will be a good time to reset the system.

Comment

Not a clue what his deadlift was before. Eating to get as big and strong as possible vs to be healthy are not the same. Just have to set your priorities or periodize your nutrition throughout the year.

Comment

Working...
          X