Paint or wrap #milliondollarcobraV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
    Paint it yourself . Metal clean prime 3 base 3 clear buff done deal. Do a small part first it’s not rocket science. Wrap is lazy way imo
    All the above being said, I am thinking about buying some junk fenders and giving some bodywork a go. I have always had a fondness for DIY garage paint jobs. But I have some garage things that need to get tackled first before thinking I can paint a whole car in there.

Slight update though, the motor/trans will be coming out of the coupe before I bring it back to the house. It will save me time and may give me a chance to strip the bay down even further, weld in some ScottRod blank panels and weld up a few holes and try some body work in there myself.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Or you can do the prep work then let the shop do the painting. In this way, you can save some cash.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
        But I have some garage things that need to get tackled first before thinking I can paint a whole car in there.
        If one of those prerequisites is drinking in there, let me know. We need a DFWMwhiskeyfest v2 one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          If one of those prerequisites is drinking in there, let me know. We need a DFWMwhiskeyfest v2 one day.
          I have been wanting the put together another. I'm in a holding pattern in between Africa and Afghanistan. I'll know my next leave dates in 3 weeks or so. I'm aiming hard at being home at least for August 27th.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by renold5 View Post
            Or you can do the prep work then let the shop do the painting. In this way, you can save some cash.
            I don't want to say I have more money than time but, I certainly don't have lots of time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

wrap it yourself. It's easy, I use to wrap cars back in the day. Just take it one panel at a time, and get the nice 3M stuff. You can also paint it yourself as mentioned above, but before any of that... are you sure the paint doesn't just need some proper care?
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                wrap it yourself. It's easy, I use to wrap cars back in the day. Just take it one panel at a time, and get the nice 3M stuff. You can also paint it yourself as mentioned above, but before any of that... are you sure the paint doesn't just need some proper care?
                I can't even wrap gift, I can only imagine how badly I would fuck up a car.

Comment

Working...
                X