Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman & Batman

No Christian Bale? Meh.

Superman took flight again this summer in "Man of Steel," which has so far taken in over $280 million in the US and over $620 million worldwide, making it the #2 movie at the box office for 2013 ("Iron Man 3" sits securely at the top spot). Naturally, Henry Cavill is set to step into the character's red boots again, but at the Comic-Con today, there was surprising news that he'll be joined by another caped superhero.

Batman will team up with Superman in the next movie, The Hollywood Reporter and the Los Angeles Times confirmed Saturday morning. "Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder and screenwriter David Goyer (who also worked on "The Dark Knight" series) will return for the film expected to be released in 2015. Christian Bale, however, is not expected to return as the Caped Crusader.

There was speculation that Warner Bros. would follow "Man of Steel" with a "Justice League" movie that would bring together all of the major heroes from the DC Comics world, including Wonder Woman, but that has been pushed back. Instead, they will follow the Superman/Batman team up with a movie for the super-speedy hero The Flash in 2016, and follow with "Justice League" in 2017.

This will be the first time the two biggest names in DC Comics will share the big screen, but it almost happened once before over a decade ago. After the embarrassing "Batman & Robin" in 1997, several reboots of the Caped Crusader were proposed, including "Batman vs. Superman." Director Wolfgang Petersen ("Air Force One") was attached to a script by "Seven" screenwriter Andrew Kevin Walker that would have pitted the two against each other, but that project was eventually scrapped for Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins."

Batman and Superman, who partnered up in the comics under the title "World's Finest," will have another superhero team to watch out for when they hit the screen. Marvel's "The Avengers 2" has already been announced to open that same year on May 1, 2015.

So they're going to introduce Batman/Bruce in the next movie. I guess it makes sense, it's pointless to have a stand alone batman movie. I don't have a problem not using Bale, there's no connection between that franchise and man of steel. Both are different worlds and you'd need a Bruce Wayne that fits in with the man of steel universe. I just hope his character doesn't become the main focus of the movie.

Found this.......They doing a Batman/Superman: Public Enemies(World's Finest adaptation)??

It will be the face-off of the century: Batman vs. Superman.

Initial reports that the 2015 follow-up to "Man of Steel" will feature both DC juggernauts were confirmed at Warner Bros. 2013 Comic-Con panel on Saturday (July 20), but where it was once believe that Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne would be allies has now given way to a crazier truth: The two will be opposing forces for one another.

The news was revealed at the close of the panel, when the Superman logo was superimposed with the Batman logo on the screen -- driving fanboys and girls wild. As initially reported, "Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder will be back to direct, with Henry Cavill set to fill out Supes' suit once again. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane are also set to reprise their "Man of Steel" roles. Who will appear as Batman is still unclear.

On stage, Snyder said, "It's official that we are going to make another Superman movie. I've poured through the DC universe for a way to tell this thing." After that, Harry Lennix (who plays General Swanwick in "Man of Steel") began to quote from comic "The Dark Knight Returns" with changes aimed at Clark Kent: "In all the years to come, in all the most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

In a statement released after the panel, Snyder said, ""I'm so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can't wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let's face it, it's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world."

The film, which will be co-written by Snyder and David Goyer (who penned "Man of Steel"), is Warner Bros. clear attempt to begin a path to a much-discussed Justice League movie.
    Last edited by idrivea4banger; 07-20-2013, 03:45 PM.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I haven't seen Man Of Steel yet. Superman has just never been that interesting to me. I'm sure I'll like it, but I'm not having any problem waiting for bluray. The Dark Knight movies were good, but they didn't really excite me much either. Marvel however, has really got my attention and I loved all the movies that led up to the Avengers. Except Iron Man 2. That was pretty badly executed. The 3rd one redeemed the franchise though.

Comment

So I just read its not going to be a sequel. The studios are moving forward to the next phase. Wtf?
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
          So I just read its not going to be a sequel. The studios are moving forward to the next phase. Wtf?
          Wasn't that the original plan?
          See how well this movie did, and go forward from there. I'm sure a "true" sequel might come later on down the line.

Comment

audio was just posted of the q&a with zach snyder at SDCC.

listen to it before they pull it.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
              Wasn't that the original plan?
              See how well this movie did, and go forward from there. I'm sure a "true" sequel might come later on down the line.
              They were going to go the route marvel did but they can't figure out a way to do it. So instead of staying with a man of steel series they're going to fast track to the next phase. They want to compete with the avengers 2. They won't have enough time to establish their characters properly. It just reeks of desperation from the studio execs to cash in quickly at the expense of quality.

Comment

Wow, they're moving quickly with this, too long to copy and paste:

Comment

Easily the hottest topic online for DC Entertainment fans right now is all the rumors and talk about who Warner Bros. is considering to play the role of Bruce Wayne and Batman in 2015's Batman/Superman movie. One thing that looks to be a common report, regarding the next Caped Crusader, is whichever actor is chosen will be in his late 30s or early 40s.

Based off of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns comic book story arc, per director Zack Snyder, the Batman/Superman movie looks to share the similar concept of an older Batman. However, Warner and DC cannot pick an actor who is too old simply due to the long term commitment the role will need for the next like 7-10 years. No one really wants to see a mid-to-late 50s actor playing Batman after a rumored 2017 Justice League movie release.

Anyway, The Hollywood Reporter has now published what they are referring to as Warner's short list of actors for the coveted role of Batman. Topping the list are two names: Josh Brolin (Men in Black 3, Jonah Hex) and Ryan Gosling (Drive). Several others names are also on the list in case the studio cannot sign Brolin or Gosling. The others include: Richard Armitage (The Hobbit Trilogy), Joe Manganiello (True Blood), Matthew Goode (Watchmen) and Max Martini (Pacific Rim).

The website also states this list is not set in stone since the script is still being finalized and anything can change between now and then. Its sources also gave a brief description of how Batman will be in the Batman/Superman movie.

"[Batman] will be established and rugged. This new movie will not seek to recount an origin story or the rise of the Dark Knight."

With a summer 2015 release scheduled, look for more casting news and rumors through the remainder of this calendar year. And production is tentatively scheduled to begin early in 2014, reportedly in Toronto.

Im not too excited they're using the dark knight returns as a template for this team up. The Dark Knight Rises used some aspects of the series, hell it could've practically been the film version with all the similarities. The 2 part animated movies were phenomenal. They're going to ruin one of my favorite story lines. I still think that Batman/Superman is better suited.
                  Last edited by idrivea4banger; 08-07-2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I can not see Ryan Gosling playing Batman/Bruce Wayne at all. I can see Brolin playing Wayne, but I am not sure about batman.

....hell I would call, beg, plead for Christian Bale to comeback as Batman. The writers would not even have to refer to him as "Batman"...just keep the Dark Knight name going.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just can't see a Superman/Batman movie being good... keep them seperate. As much as I'd like to see 2 hours of Superman laying on the ground crying because of kryptonite it just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Comment

They would need to really do this one great to make it work, especially if the Justice League is something they are going towards.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post

Joe Manganiello (True Blood),.
                          Out of the people they are thinking of I can only see batman as this guy.

Ryan Gosling as BATMAN?!? Please no.

Comment

Dear Lord, Gosling?
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Ryan Gosling would make a good Robin if there was to be one in a Justice League movie
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X