No announcement yet.

Superman & Batman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Manganiello would be sweet as batman, but not sure how he would do as Bruce Wayne..
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Christian Bale has been offered $50 million to return as Bruce Wayne/Batman. This keeps getting worse and worse.........

And now we have this:

Who’s Playing Lex Luthor In BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN? It May Be Down To Two Actors.

So we know that there’s a short list of six actors who may play Batman in Batman Vs. Superman, but who’s up for the role of Lex Luthor. Two conflicting rumors have started to circulate that position two distinctly different actors in the role of the evil genius.

First, let’s go with the obvious and slightly conventional choice: Mark Strong.

Digital Spy is reporting that the Sherlock star has hinted that he may in fact be Lex Luthor. According to the site, when they asked Strong about playing Luthor, Strong responded, ”All I can say is… watch this space.” Whatever that means. Strong would be a rather ordinary casting choice for Luthor, and one that would make Luthor slightly older than the presumed Batman actor, who is expected to be in his 40s. Strong also has a history of playing villains in a number of movies, including a similar role as an evil business man in Mark Millar’s Kick-Ass, so Luthor isn’t a stretch.

The second is a much more intriguing choice: Bryan Cranston.

Latino Review’s rumor monger El Mayimbe sent a series of tweets yesterday that Cranston was indeed the man who would be Luthor. Cranston is slightly older and more haggard than Mark Strong. If Luthor is going to step in between Batman and Superman, then a Cranston Luthor could add a much needed dynamic to the role. He looks the part of a working-class, self-made billionaire, someone who wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth and an empire in his inheritance like Bruce Wayne. The only downside to Cranston would be that his bald head would only remind people of Breaking Bad… even if he doesn’t have Heisenberg’s signature goatee. But Cranston is a strong enough actor to overcome that, right?
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

He wasn't offered the 50 million, it was pure speculation after Downey made 50 mil off IM3.

Comment

I'm still half asleep......lol
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Worse and worse?
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Bite me Tony.

Comment

It sounded like you'd be disappointed with Bale and Strong or Cranston.
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I don't mind Strong or Cranston as Lex. The whole older Batman route and trying to bring in Bale reeks of desperation. There are other adaptations they can use, the dark knight returns has been done. The main focus of the story arc they want to use is about Batman not Superman. An established Batman at that.

Comment

Dear god noooooo

this is worst than walking down the aisle to Buckcherry.
                    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ben-aff...011253917.html

Ben Affleck is set to play Batman opposite Henry Cavill in the untitled "Man of Steel" sequel that will be directed by Zack Snyder, Warner Bros. announced Thursday.

The studio has slated the film to open worldwide on July 17, 2015.

Project brings Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen. "Man of Steel" stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane are also set to return.

Snyder's "Man of Steel" re-imagined the origin of Clark Kent/Superman en route to grossing more than $650 million worldwide to date.

"We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics' most enduringly popular super heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some," said WB's president of production Greg Silverman. "His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character."

Added Snyder: "Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him."

Affleck recently starred in WB's Best Picture-winning "Argo," which he also directed and produced. In 2010, he starred in and directed WB's hit crime thriller "The Town." Earlier in his career, Affleck starred in and co-wrote (with Matt Damon) "Good Will Hunting," for which he won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay.
                    sigpic

Comment

im out

Comment

fuck.

Comment

Quite possibly the most depressing news of 2013.
                          sigpic

Comment

Fuck this shit! BEN FUCKING AFFLECK??? BEN AFFLECK?!? AFFLECK?!?!?

Comment

I like Ben, ever since Dazed and Confused. I think he'll do well.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                                I like Ben, ever since Dazed and Confused. I think he'll do well.
                                He's horrible. He ruined daredevil. He's not a top tier action star.

Comment

Working...
                                X