Star Wars: Spoiler Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
    Was anyone else a little upset that Kylo removed his helmet so soon and easily. I know he was conflicted with his darkness stuff, but still seemed too easy. I did however love it when he threw his fits.
    When talking to Rey I think if he didnt take off the helmet it would have shown fear, plus I believe this would have been a more humanizing moment since it appeared he was trying to turn her

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
      I think it was pretty clear in the flashback that she is Luke's daughter.
      I didnt get from the movie, but yea that could make since

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        In all seriousness, I thought the part of Kylo Ren was miscast
        Yea, he has a very odd looking face and looks nothing like Han or Lea

Comment

Rey is either going to be Luke's daughter, or the twin of Kylo Ren similar to whats in the comics/books.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
            I think she was conceived by midi-chlorians, like Anikan.
            So you are thinking she was found like Anakin and stashed like Luke? I also agree with your thougnts on the movie. Only part that bugged me was the way Han went out. Yes he was a badass till the end and the thing that finally defeated him was his heart was awesome but no goodbye to a legend? Chuey seems to go on a ramage for a few moments but that part felt flat to me. That and the half ass attacks on the diet Empire.

Comment

I left with more questions than answers.
              1. How did the chick use the force without knowing she had it. It didn't work for silent bob.
              2. Why did Luke not speak and why did he leave his saber with the alien chick?
              3. Who is the new tall alien evil dude and where was he during episodes 1-6?
              4. Nobody explained the red arm with c3po and it's significance if any.
              5. I don't trust that Poe guy.

Comment

heres something I caught when ren was interrogating rey he saw the location was metaphorically on an island surrounded by a large ocean, which coincidentally is where Luke was. Maybe Luke was communicating with her in a subconscious manner. Kind of like what Obi Won and Yoda did to luke.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                  heres something I caught when ren was interrogating rey he saw the location was metaphorically on an island surrounded by a large ocean, which coincidentally is where Luke was. Maybe Luke was communicating with her in a subconscious manner. Kind of like what Obi Won and Yoda did to luke.
                  That's what I got out of it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    Daddy issues. I'll show him, I'll join up with this scarred up guy who runs the Empire light.

In all seriousness, I thought the part of Kylo Ren was miscast although that dude is a marine. It was ok until he took the mask off and then he looked like some kid you'd see working at Sam Goody.
                    Fuck all I could think of is he was Snapes son not Hans. Wrong movies I know.

When Anikan went back to rescue his mother had she had any kids with the dude who bought her out of slavery? It's been a minute since I've seen that episode.

Comment

They are who raised Luke.

Comment

I've started to notice a pattern with people who don't like this movie. Between coworkers and friends.
                        sigpic

Comment

We saw it at the IMAX in 3d off webb chapel. I know it wasn't the 70 mm but it still looked great. My son got the storm trooper 3d glasses and he might be hooked at 6 years old.

Alright here we go. I thought the movie was pretty awesome. I am not a Star Wars geek and I am not a know it all about the franchise so I went into it for the entertainment factor.

I am not sure why people didn't like Fin. His story is pretty interesting and his character helped move the plot along nicely. IMO. Yes there is obviously some lovie dovie stuff going on with Rey but that's expected in Star Wars movies. the same can be said for the slow moments with Han and Leia.

I too didn't like Driver as Han's son. Just on the simple fact he looks nothing like Han or Leia or anyone else in the movies for that matter. He just has a weird face. I thought he played the role fine and pulled off being a torn figure pretty well in the Han death scene. I still think Hadden Christianson gets a bad wrap on the torn Jedi thing. That's what Lucas wanted, and apparently Abrams went the same route.

I LOVED the story damn near being centered around the Falcon. It felt like it was in almost every scene once they pulled it out of the garbage heap.

Rey is either Luke's daughter or was bound to be a padawan at some point in her child hood. That could explain how she is catching on so quickly.... I kind of think Luke was helping her along the way but I guess we will know that in the next movie.

Oh, and not that the girl playing Rey wasn't bad, because I think she did a great job but if they wanted Keira Knightley to play Rey, why didn't they get Keira Knightley to play Rey?

Comment

Saw it last night and thought it was good. Way better than 1-3 but 5 is still my favorite.

Couple of comments:
                            I agree that Rey is Luke's daughter and she was stashed away like he was.
                            Han Solo will always be the best Star Wars character, ever.
                            I think they killed him off early in this trilogy, and are keeping Hamill and Fisher because Ford is expensive and Hamil / Fisher are cheap.
                            I was surprised they had Solo's kid take off the helmet so soon.
                            As soon as he said he needed Solo's help I knew he was going to kill him.
                            Carrie Fisher looked and sounded like shit.
                            Mark Hamill actually looks better old than he did young.
                            I agree with Denny's comment about the first Tie Fighter flight, and Falcon flight. Both were awesome.

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                            Fuck all I could think of is he was Snapes son not Hans. Wrong movies I know.
                            Haha! I saw a little Keanu Reeves in Bill and Ted's too!

Comment

Someone mentioned whether Snoke was Darth Plageuis.

I did notice that Rey's staff almost identical to Plageuis' staff/saber. I'm assuming that this will be a reveal later that she has had the weapon of the Jedi/Sith in her possession her whole life. There has always been speculation that Darth Plageius was Anakin's "father", as he was able to manipulate midicholorians to create life, extend life, etc. Which would mean Snoke being Plageius, he's Ben's great grandfather.

I don't see Rey being Ben's twin sister, they aren't the same age, even though they look it on screen. I think she's supposed to be a teen and he's 6-10 years older than her. I would guess between her being Luke's actual daughter, and Luke learning how to manipulate the midichlorians as well and her being a "creation" and Luke sent her into hiding when he sensed Ben's betrayal. However the lack of mention of Mara Jade, or reaction from Leia and Han at all about knowing who Rey is tells me it's not Luke's blood born child.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                                Someone mentioned whether Snoke was Darth Plageuis.

I did notice that Rey's staff almost identical to Plageuis' staff/saber. I'm assuming that this will be a reveal later that she has had the weapon of the Jedi/Sith in her possession her whole life. There has always been speculation that Darth Plageius was Anakin's "father", as he was able to manipulate midicholorians to create life, extend life, etc. Which would mean Snoke being Plageius, he's Ben's great grandfather.

I don't see Rey being Ben's twin sister, they aren't the same age, even though they look it on screen. I think she's supposed to be a teen and he's 6-10 years older than her. I would guess between her being Luke's actual daughter, and Luke learning how to manipulate the midichlorians as well and her being a "creation" and Luke sent her into hiding when he sensed Ben's betrayal. However the lack of mention of Mara Jade, or reaction from Leia and Han at all about knowing who Rey is tells me it's not Luke's blood born child.
                                I was wondering if they were going to follow the books at all. It seems like they are taking some things from them, but not much. At first I thought Rey was going to be the twin as well, until the whole light saber flash-back.

I do think them having Solo going back to smuggling, rather than pursuing the family life, was much more believable that the books (where Leia and him are married). More true to his character.

I would like for them to go into the Jedi Academy story, but of course they would have to be flashbacks at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X