No announcement yet.

Rogue One: A Star Wars story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My qualm with the new movie is when the rebel fleet drops out of hyperspace, they spend a few minutes jockeying in position and farting about before opening fire with turbolasers and starfighter attack runs.

You could say "well, yeah, but the weapons have to cycle up after the drop out of hyperspace" but then the Empire reaction fleet shows up at the end of the movie with Vader and starts blasting niggas left and right.

Oh, and the rebel fighters didnt bother blowing up or disabling the gateway hangers before they launched hundreds of TIE fighters. Instead they were too busy making pew-pew-pew runs across the superstructure.

Besides the above, i liked it, lol.

Comment

spoiler alert asshole!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I saw it tonight and thought it was great. The best film since Empire Strikes Back by a wide margin in my opinion. No shitty dialogue, no forced interaction, forced storylines or checking of idiotic boxes. Obviously there was a Death Star but it actually fit into the storyline.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

agreed, I watched it last night and thought, "Wow, they knocked this one out of the park"

Comment

I took my son and we saw it last night. It's safe to say with technology all the magic of star wars is gone. It was an okay movie. I still like all the originals better. I liked a lot of the minor characters more than the main two this time. Hell the robot was better developed and more like able. When one of two main characters goes completely undeveloped it's hard to give a crap about a movie.

Comment

Garg's mini-review:

The Good:
              Original\interesting story that we haven't seen before
              Darker in tone \ more "adult"
              Lots of action and excellent space battle
              We get to see Red Leader again and why the Red 5 slot opens up. lol
              and let's be honest... Vader kicking ass...

The Bad:
              Lack of character development
              (by the end of the film the only character I give a shit about is the droid)
              STILL a lack of realism via the ground battle
              (High powered explosions, blaster fire everywhere, Y-Wings doing their job.... not a drop of blood or gore. There was a lot of stuff in the trailers and other media that were cut from the film. Maybe Disney thought the first version was TOO "adult"?)
              The Saw Gerrera (sp?) storyline was a waste.

Verdict: 3 out of 5

Comment

Saul G I thought. Probably Guerrera. He could've been an interesting character since apparently he had been ass kicking the Empire solo without other rebel help, but again not enough info to give a F.

Lucas always developed his characters. Look at the effort spent on Anakin/Vader. Disney only does it for cartoons. Action great. Lack of character development would make this a WGAF film except it's Star Wars and fills a gap from Annikan melting in Lava and Luke / Ben Tatooine with a mystery message.

Comment

Spoiler Alert

They didn't develop the characters because they were one trick ponies. They all died and to be honest I thought that was a great change of pace for Star Wars. Even the droid died. My son noticed that everyone on the movie poster outside the theatre was dead.
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Finally just saw it. Ho-lee-crap

Easily my favorite modern SW film. I was pleasantly surprised at the character relationships and the Saw Guerrera part inteoduced some welcome grey area into a series that can be pretty black and white.

So much more to like I don't know where to start.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    Spoiler Alert

They didn't develop the characters because they were one trick ponies. They all died and to be honest I thought that was a great change of pace for Star Wars. Even the droid died.
                    Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Spoiler Alert

They didn't develop the characters because they were one trick ponies. They all died and to be honest I thought that was a great change of pace for Star Wars. Even the droid died. My son noticed that everyone on the movie poster outside the theatre was dead.
                      Most characters in movies are one trick ponies, however there are many great movies that are character driven where by the end, you are invested in at least one or more of the characters (whether they were good\evil, whatever... you want to see what happens to them)

Honestly, I really didn't give a shit about Jen or Cassian as long as they got the plans out.

It's not a bad movie (better than The new hope Awakens), I was just expecting more... again...

I'm really wondering how the movie would have played without the re-shoots...

Comment

Read that the main actress actually has a second star wars movie at disneys option only thing I can see would be the Han solo flick. Maybe that's why she was in prison.

Comment

Please no character developement in any good vs evil flick equals sucks ass. Compare to game of thrones for example. You either love or hate nearly every character in the series. Most everyone loved Ned but he had less screen time before dying than this Star Wars cast. You also knew and understood Ned.

This film had action, lasers, funny robots, a plot, but it was WGAF if everyone died. Disney just wanted to bang the Christmas cash register. They are destroying the Star Wars brand series to do it. It was like Rocky VI.

Comment

It's like this:

Tolkien>Lucas>Martin(GoT)>Star Trek>>>>>>><>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Disney Star Wars

I was glad Disney bought StarWars so the movies would actually get made. Now I also appreciate why Lucas didn't want to sell. Lucas was right.

And Jackson's version of Tolkien is better than Disney Star Wars too.

Comment

Saw it. Liked it. Epic space battle.

And Vader. Hallway...'nuff said.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I enjoyed it. I don't know if I would enjoy any of these movies if I went as deep as some of you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X