Pocket knife sharpener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
    Ive got a work sharp. Great for cheap blades. But it does take off a bunch of material amd almost always will round the tip.
    Depends which belt you use and the steel being sharpened.
    I never use the green/coarse belt unless it's a machete or axe that needs to be reprofiled. Use medium for really dull blades followed by fine or just fine if I just need to touch up an edge.

I rounded a few tips in the beginning, but once I figured out how to do it properly I don't have any issues.

Edit to add: the work sharp doesn't introduce much heat into the blade, unless you are grinding a new profile. Certainly not enough heat from normal sharpening to get anywhere close to damaging the temper of the steel.
    Last edited by BlackGT; 05-31-2017, 08:26 AM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I only use the brown/grey. If you used it everyday like i was doing the tips all go. Just a matter of time. They get stuff wicked sharp but your constantly removing material.

You wouldnt see my putting anything over 100.00 on it. Ive got a old kershaw s30v blur that i used to cut hay bales. Would touch it up almost daily.

I still say that stupid worksharp is the most versital tool i own. Use that sucker on everything. It works great for deburring anything cut with a chop saw

Comment

I only use the brown/grey. If you used it everyday like i was doing the tips all go. Just a matter of time. They get stuff wicked sharp but your constantly removing material.

You wouldnt see my putting anything over 100.00 on it. Ive got a old kershaw s30v blur that i used to cut hay bales. Would touch it up almost daily.

I still say that stupid worksharp is the most versital tool i own. Use that sucker on everything. It works great for deburring anything cut with a chop saw

Comment

I have a Lansky kit similar but not as complex as the Russian thing. Does that fit in a pocket? For the pocket I have a lansky blade medic.

Comment

Working...
          X